Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
******ed or Branded??
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
will be used as a arressive xc to am to some dh/fr stuff. been riding for a year so i will be pretty rough on the bie of choice. 5'10" 200 lbs...live in AZ but moving to hawaii next year. so need a light tough am rig that can do the xc and dh/fr as mentioned:D so which bike would be better the 575 or nomad?????? any input would be gladly appreciated

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
My impression of the 575 is that it leans more towards the trail/XC whereas the Nomad is more trail/freeride. Having ridden the 575 a bit, and owning the Nomad as well as spending 10 days on a Blut LT I'd say that the BLT is the closest SC offering to the 575. I don't know much about the trails in Hawaii though, if they aren't too freeridey I'd lean towards the 575, however if you will be doing DH type stuff go Nomad - I don't think the 575 swings that way, if you know what I mean...

·
Five is right out
3,176 Posts
The 575 is a great bike (I'm enjoying my new one) but I don't think anyone claims that it's DH/FR. It's one of the lightest frames for the amount of travel it as, so it's not really supposed to take huge amounts of abuse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.