Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just wanted to know your opinions as im in the crossroads of purchasing either a 575 or an enduro w/brain. I currently own an 03 yeti ASX built for DH/Freeride, an 03 KHS 904r w full 04XT, Crossmax, Fox and a Trek roadbike for crosstraining. i want to replace my KHS with more travel for aggressive Trail/XC, my riding weight is about 190 lbs and have above average riding skills. thanks a lot

·
Registered
268 Posts
those are 2 totally different bikes, and it depends on what you want to do with them. my 575 feels like a shorter travel bike than it really is- i consider it to be a xc bike all the way. my roomates enduro, on the other hand, feels like a tractor in comparison, but maybe it will take a big hit better- not sure. i wouldn't trade my 575 for my roomates enduro for anything, but i don't like it's geometry. ride them both, you should like the feel of one better than the other after about five feet of riding

·
Bike Breaker.
1,764 Posts
which one

Well I have had the both of them and the Yeti is a better bike all round, I would easily keep the yeti if someone offered two enduros for the yeti. The brain is just too an expensive shock if you ever need another one.

·
shaved yeti
430 Posts
I couldn't disagree with you guys more. The 575 is a direct comparison to both the Epic and the Enduro.

The 575 will handle anything that an Enduro can do. I see a lot of people riding "hardcore" on beefed up enduros, and see people doing the same on 575s. Drops... I'd do drops on my 575 before an enduro. 575 handling may be a little tighter. Enduro cockpit is a little farther back. But the 575 is more balanced and climbs much better.

And the Epic and 575 frame weights with shock are the same. The only reason an epic comes out lighter than a 575 is because of the fork weights. So we're talking within .2 lbs. Blah Blah Blah.

575s rule!

·
mtbr platinum member
1,426 Posts
The 2004 Enduro was the only year that it came with the 'remote' brain rear shock. It was essentially a Fox Float with a hose connecting the shock to the brain, which was mounted near the dropout, like the Epic.

Here's a picture from Singletrack.com:

Singlespeedster said:
Enduro w/ BRAIN?

Maybbe you mean an Epic, maybe you mean an Enduro. Neither are a good direct comparison to make to the 575. The 575 is sort of a blend of the two, an efficient climber with longer travel, lie the Enduro, but a more XC oriented geometry.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.