Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 575 that I recently bought with the assumption that is was a medium size frame. When I measured it, I realized that it has a small frame on it instead. I looked online for a sizing chart, but can't find it for that year bike. According to the Yeti website, the new 575's show me going with a medium. I'm 5'10" but the bike doesn't feel like a small to me. According the 2005 owners manual, the medium has an extra 1" of length and 1" of top tube height. The fork that came on the bike was a 120mm, that I am replacing with a 140mm float. The bike now has a riser bar and three spacers below the stem as well and I don't know if I should keep them or remove them? The stem that came on the bike was an 80mm. The seatpost on the bike now is a straight post. The seller gave me a 100mm stem and a setback post - which should have been a sign that the frame size was off. I replaced the 80mm stem with the 100mm. Right now I have the straight seatpost on with the seat shifted towards the back. I didn't install the setback seatpost. I really like the bike and hate to trade/sell it, so my question is with the longer stem and setback seat, will this small frame bike ride and feel the same as a medium frame with shorter stem and with the seat set in the normal position (not setback)? Or regardless of what I do to stretch it out, there is no real way to make up that inch of frame difference??

·
Ka-coo-ka-cha!
551 Posts
if it was sold to you as a medium...get your money back...and get a bike that fits you, you'll be much happier

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
snigs said:
if it was sold to you as a medium...get your money back...and get a bike that fits you, you'll be much happier
I agree with what you're saying. The bike is small but really nice - with high end components. Does it make more sense to buy another frame - maybe a current model (2008-2010) and have my LBS swap all the components over or just sell it and buy another complete bike? I wonder what my LBS will charge to swap everything over?

·
Registered
2 Posts
sorry to butt-in to this thread. i'm new to the forum & can't figure out how to post a question. since you guys are talking about 575, someone's selling 2007 yeti 575 for $1700. is this a fair deal?

here's the posting:

White 2007 Yeti 575 . Made in Colorado. Size Large. Front shock is Fox Float RLC with lockout 140mm of travel. Rear shock is Fox RP23 with lockout. Race Face Deus XC crankset Sram X-9 Shifters, X-0 rear derailleur, XT front der. Avid juicy seven disc brakes, recently bled and pretty tight. Race Face Next Carbon riser handlebars Thompson Elite seatpost and stem. WTB/ Yeti saddle. Panaracer Fire AM pro 2.35 tires, really new, lots of tread, I also have the oringinal Maxxis Tires, 2.35" as well.This bike is almost like new and is in really good condition.

thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts