Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
sam575
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
also posted in show us your yeti's but I'm so excited I thought it should have it's own thread. here it is

2005 575 Black Ano large RP3 shock
Rock Shox Revelation 426 Air U-Turn
Chris King Headset
Hope headset spacers
Hope Mono Mini brakes with Goodridge lines, custom levers, 180mm front, 160mm rear
XO trigger shifters
XTR front der
XO rear der
XT crankset
XT cassette 11-32
XTR chain
Thomson Elite stem 100mm x 5deg rise
Easton Monkeylight carbon bars 1.25" rise
ODI Lizzard Skins lock-on grips
Thomson Elite seatpost
Hope seatpost clamp
WTB Rocket Stealth Ti saddle
Spinergy Xyclone Disc wheelset
Hope skewers
Kenda Nevegal 2.1 tyres

Weight 12.7kg with Shimano PD-M647 DH pedals and the chunky Kenda's

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thanks for the link Cris, I knew the Pro 3's were coming out, but no idea they were straight pull. I wonder what those wheel weights will be.

I have to say I'm liking the new brakes too. ca 300g is hella light. I much prefer the Hope cnc'd look over the now standard forged roundness of Formulas/Hopes/Avids. Very tastey.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Nyquist said:
Thanks for the link Cris, I knew the Pro 3's were coming out, but no idea they were straight pull. I wonder what those wheel weights will be.

I have to say I'm liking the new brakes too. ca 300g is hella light. I much prefer the Hope cnc'd look over the now standard forged roundness of Formulas/Hopes/Avids. Very tastey.

No prob... yeah those sure seem light... actually the "Pro 3" came out a couple of months ago as a rim brake hub and apparently now they are called Pro 3 Mono.... and the Pro 3 disc will come only in complete wheelsets... I was thinking of building a set of Pro 2s with 4.2s for my SS, but I might wait for the Pro 3s...they look cool :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
crisillo said:
No prob... yeah those sure seem light... actually the "Pro 3" came out a couple of months ago as a rim brake hub and apparently now they are called Pro 3 Mono.... and the Pro 3 disc will come only in complete wheelsets... I was thinking of building a set of Pro 2s with 4.2s for my SS, but I might wait for the Pro 3s...they look cool :D
The Pro III's also look like a good option to the I9 wheelset. (Assuming they offer the III in a 20mm swap version). I called the Hope US distributor and they are checking on availability. He seemed to think that the complete wheelset will not be offered domestically due to shipping cost, just the hub, then up build. He was uncertin on the 20mm issue and said he would send me an email once he hears back from the UK folks.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Blackjd1 said:
The Pro III's also look like a good option to the I9 wheelset. (Assuming they offer the III in a 20mm swap version). I called the Hope US distributor and they are checking on availability. He seemed to think that the complete wheelset will not be offered domestically due to shipping cost, just the hub, then up build. He was uncertin on the 20mm issue and said he would send me an email once he hears back from the UK folks.
Separate sale sounds even better, that way you might build them cheaper.... I expect that they will be 20mm compatible... the system they use on the Pro 2 is so simple and takes little space...I wouldn't see why not... besides the "axle caps" look almost identical..

·
Registered
241 Posts
20mm makes sense to me too. Not sure what the options are on spoke selection though. I will let you know if he emails me back.

To the original poster, love the black ano. Everytime I knick or scratch my team turq I wish I had black. . . .

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Blackjd1 said:
20mm makes sense to me too. Not sure what the options are on spoke selection though. I will let you know if he emails me back.
I would really appreciate that, Blackjd1!!

Cheers...

Sorry about the thread hijack, Sam! :smilewinkgrin:

again.. that white Rev rocks!:rockon:

·
sam575
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
crisillo said:
I would really appreciate that, Blackjd1!!

Cheers...

Sorry about the thread hijack, Sam! :smilewinkgrin:

again.. that white Rev rocks!:rockon:
Hey no probs! I'm a massive sucker for Hope stuff too. I just love it. I almost put in a Hope headset instead of the CK, but liked the slim and smooth lines of the King better.
The Pro 3 hubs look super trick, and light! That's my next wheelset for sure. Very similar to the I9 but I suspect they'll be cheaper. Noice. And as for the new Mini Carbons...totally sweet! I'm still in two minds about carbon levers though. The green anodising is different too. I think I like it!

·
sam575
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To the original poster, love the black ano. Everytime I knick or scratch my team turq I wish I had black. . . .[/QUOTE]

Yeah the Black Ano finish is proving very durable indeed. No cable rub marks (yet) either. I like the Raw finish too. Looks just as tough, and has that industrial feel about it.

·
sam575
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
crisillo said:
Yeah.. I am loving the hope parts I have.. the Pro2 hubs have made me a believer (well maybe my seat post clamp too) :)
And the brakes are even better...I can't recommend them enough. They crap on my Juicy's!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Took the plunge, also.........here it is!!!!

After a four year hiatus from riding (work, multiple injuries/surgeries), I'm finally back in the saddle, literally! I once owned an ARC back in the late 90's, so this isn't my first Yeti............ended up going for a 575! Check it out!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.