Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am researching a new bike to purchase, and I think I have settled on the 575 Enduro Race. I really like the parts spec- except for the wheelset. On the Yeti website it states the Enduro Race has DT 540 Enduro Hubs and Rims. When I researched the hubs I only found DT 540, not 540 Enduro, is there a difference? The 540s are Tandem hubs and seem like overkill for a Trail bike. Thanks for your info.

·
I like Monkeys
886 Posts
From what I got in my comtact from DT on the same question the 540 wheelset is a custom set from DT. It has the 540 rim and a basic DTSwiss hub with a pawled ratchet system similar but not the same as the onyx. From what I've seen it looks a lot like the DT Cerit hub. They stated that the wheelset weight was 2116 grams with skewers which I haven't confirmed. I know a few folks with Cerits and they have held up well. I've only had mine for a couple of months and they have held up well. Stillt true and smooth after a few incidents rough enough to gouge the rims. It could be lighter but it appears to be a pretty good wheelset. I am planning on going to tubeless in the future but so far I'm satisfied with the wheels.

Here's the email from DT. They were great on answering questions.

The wheelset you are asking about weighs in at 2116 grams. It utilizes our
ONYX- pawl system hub and not our ratchet system. The weight is with the QRs.

Thanks for the email.

Best regards,

Paul

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
As Vaughn said, the number in the wheelset name comes from the rim (see pic below)

It seems like a decent wheelset, specially for the price of the build kit. However I would expect your dealer to be able to upgrade/swap it for you, if you wish to (I know the guys at full cycles would ;) )

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the Quick Info

Again, thanks. Hopefully I will be able to use my tax return to purchase the bike- all I need to do now is convince my wife...

·
I like Monkeys
886 Posts
My wife encouraged me to get mine. I had almost quit riding a MTB and became a fulltime roadie because of a bike I didn't like. The 575 got me back on the trails. I've got my mountain mojo back! I still tlike the road as well but I'm back to 50/50 from 90/10 thanks to the 575 and the jokers in this forum;-)

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
VaughnA said:
My wife encouraged me to get mine. I had almost quit riding a MTB and became a fulltime roadie because of a bike I didn't like. The 575 got me back on the trails. I've got my mountain mojo back! I still tlike the road as well but I'm back to 50/50 from 90/10 thanks to the 575 and the jokers in this forum;-)
If that isn't a testimony to the greatness of the 575, I don't know what is.. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.