Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today only, $899 for a mismatched 07/09 575 with DHX air - full carbon rear triangle ( still waiting for confirmation from Jenson CS on that, but the pics make it look like it )

Interesting ... not sure why/how they have this oddball combo for a super good price.

What do yall think? I cracked my 07 front triangle which I had bought used on ebay [[note to self: don't buy expensive nearly new frames on ebay as you don't get warranty :sad: ]]. Yeti replacement cost =$300. I could get a whole new frame ( with a real warranty, i assume ) for $900. Might even make the bike stiffer, as the new rear end is supposed to be a good bit better in that dept.

for the extra $600, i'd be getting a spare:
rear shock ( prefer rp23 ... i don't need a dhx, and people seem to not like em on the 575s )
set of bearings
dogbone
rear triangle

certainly, retail on that stuff is much more.

thoughts?

(might be too late, my frame went out 2 weeks ago for warranty replacement ... but I haven't heard back yet )

· Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
jenson CS response to my questions...

Thanks for writing. These are indeed the full carbon rear triangle. The photos are of the actual frames which we shot here at Jenson.

That's my understanding on the dogbone also, updated design that allows it to hook to the modern rear triangle. Same situation as if you had the old front triangle, broke the rear, and they sent you the modern rear triangle, you'd need the updated linkage as well.

We can't change out the rear shock prior to shipping, but the fittings are of course standard, so nothing stopping you from mounting an RP23 if you like down the line. I would give the new DHX shock a whirl first though, pretty nice setup with the boost valve for 2010.

Thanks for your interest.

Justin Christopher
Jenson USA

· Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dvo1 said:
From the time I checked the site till I could post, the red med. I wanted was gone.
i watched - the turquoise went first, then the white then the red ( all mediums )

i always thought the brushed was the best color anyway...

oh well. i couldn't pull the trigger....I think it was steal - just couldn't justify spending more than the crash replacement on the front alone.

· Rolling
11,119 Posts
And I was hoping the ASR alloy was going to be part of this instead. Seems they have plenty of them to shed.

Maybe come new years, the ASRs will look another year older.

(PS: hey Jenson, can you substitute a closeout ASR for a 575 at this price? ;) )

· Registered
746 Posts
slcpunk said:
i watched - the turquoise went first, then the white then the red ( all mediums )

i always thought the brushed was the best color anyway...

oh well. i couldn't pull the trigger....I think it was steal - just couldn't justify spending more than the crash replacement on the front alone.
What color pattern was the turquoise one?

I need more money. :madman:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.