Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
folks, I have recently completed my 08 575 c/w RP23, it kitted out with revelations, hope mono mini, thomson, easton and XT drive train with a KMC chain, gravity dropper seat post, 719rims on XT hubs.
The chain jumps off all the time when riding jumps or rough fast sections, so I took a couple of links out the chain and it still jumps off, it either jumps to the little ring or over the big ring and is ruining the best bits of the trails.

anyone got any advice, bearing in mind I am using a triple front crank and a shadow XT rear deraliur. and the gear chainging is perfect. when riding on a smoothish surface.

help!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a similar set up to you with no issues over the last six months.

The only difference is I am using a XT equivalent SRAM chain? not sure if this can make a difference or not. and I am running a eThirteen bash ring but no chain guide, just bash instead of big ring. can't see this would have any effect though.

·
Registered
123 Posts
miggy said:
folks, I have recently completed my 08 575 c/w RP23, it kitted out with revelations, hope mono mini, thomson, easton and XT drive train with a KMC chain, gravity dropper seat post, 719rims on XT hubs.
The chain jumps off all the time when riding jumps or rough fast sections, so I took a couple of links out the chain and it still jumps off, it either jumps to the little ring or over the big ring and is ruining the best bits of the trails.

anyone got any advice, bearing in mind I am using a triple front crank and a shadow XT rear deraliur. and the gear chainging is perfect. when riding on a smoothish surface.

help!
Is your chain jumping on the cassette, or the front rings?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks folks,

its the front crank that the chain jumps off, its a bit weird since the front derailur is adjusted pretty much text book, and the chain looks almost too short. all the gears change perfect, rear derailur set up is again text book.

think it time for the LBS to have a look, the ronniering will fix half the problem thanks for the sugestion.

cheers:thumbsup:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
, so my last buiuld was stolen and I have a new build pretty much exaclty the same but 2010, and what do you know the chain is jumping again, lst time I fixed it by changing the jocky wheels, the top jocky wheel was stiff so when fee wheeling a slight back peddal woudl loosen the whole chain letign it jump. will try jockey wheels again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.