Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Eyes of the world
893 Posts
I think I remember something about this being mentioned earlier you might try a search. One of the dealers said that it wasn't possible. The DHX Air will fit though :D

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Nope

Won't work, tried.

If you can get it to work, let me know, and Yeti know how... :D

We've got a couple with DHX Airs, and its a very similar ride to the coil, and almost as heavy, if thats what you are looking for... ;) Seriously though, if I were to get a 575 for myself again, I'd go with the DHX Air, and not the RP3.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
There's not enough room for the spring coller by the link.Yeti made a couple proto links to make the coil fit but then the DHX air came out.The rate was different since they had to move the mounting point of the shock on the link.

The current linkage rate was tailor made for an air shock anyway.not The Spot was designed around a coil hence them specing the DHX air or which is more coil like in it's ride.

If you need the extra sensitivity a coil offers,like slow speed rooty wet stuff a Spot with a coil would be great.

if you think you need a coil for rough higher speed performance,the 575 with an air shock (either one) actually feels better than a Spot does to me. Between the extra travel and the unique linkage rate of the 575 the big hit performance is really incredible.It's the only trailbike i feel safe flyin down fast hairy trails on.

krispy

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's not enough room for the spring coller by the link.Yeti made a couple proto links to make the coil fit but then the DHX air came out.The rate was different since they had to move the mounting point of the shock on the link.

The current linkage rate was tailor made for an air shock anyway.not The Spot was designed around a coil hence them specing the DHX air or which is more coil like in it's ride.

If you need the extra sensitivity a coil offers,like slow speed rooty wet stuff a Spot with a coil would be great.

if you think you need a coil for rough higher speed performance,the 575 with an air shock (either one) actually feels better than a Spot does to me. Between the extra travel and the unique linkage rate of the 575 the big hit performance is really incredible.It's the only trailbike i feel safe flyin down fast hairy trails on.

krispy
Just trying to analyze all my options.... :)

After a brief moment of thinking the Spot was the way to go after all, I think I'm back to going 575, probably with an RP3. Going to try out two bikes, one with the RP3 and the other with the DHX Air and see which feels best.

I'm 6ft, so I'm right on the border of Med & Large, but figured with all the climbing we do here in CO that I'd go large and probaly get a shorter stem. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Yup

Jdub said:
Just trying to analyze all my options.... :)

After a brief moment of thinking the Spot was the way to go after all, I think I'm back to going 575, probably with an RP3. Going to try out two bikes, one with the RP3 and the other with the DHX Air and see which feels best.

I'm 6ft, so I'm right on the border of Med & Large, but figured with all the climbing we do here in CO that I'd go large and probaly get a shorter stem. Thoughts?
I'd definately say large, and depending upon arm length, a shortish to medium stem as well. Make sure you put a real fork on there though..... :D With a lot of climbing, go with something that has a quick lowering mechanism for the climbs, but is long enought to really allow the 575 to shine on the way back down the other side.

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
esquire said:
I'd definately say large, and depending upon arm length, a shortish to medium stem as well. Make sure you put a real fork on there though..... :D With a lot of climbing, go with something that has a quick lowering mechanism for the climbs, but is long enought to really allow the 575 to shine on the way back down the other side.
I'm thinking Pike 454 U Turn currently. I've got a PUSHed 05 TALAS, and even though Yeti specs the TALAS on the 575 I think I'll just sell it and get a Pike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.