Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I just bought a med 575, does anyone know what length front and rear hydraulic brake hoses I should be looking for? With all the sales going on, even though I havent started the build I think I might grab something now.
I cant wait to build the thing. I found a local guy that sold me a new Float 140 and new RF Deus cranks for $500. I have a set of American Classic wheels. And Ive been shopping ebay for x9 stuff. All I need now is a headset and brakes.
Any thoughts on a headset, other than a King?

Thanks in advance

Tom

·
a.k.a. Yeti Ken
112 Posts
When I added new Avid Elixir brakes to my 2006 575 (medium) they were fine right out of the box. The difference in frame size shouldn't make that much difference in the "arc" of the hose in front of the headtube (between levers and frame). Someone with an XL frame might notice a little tightness when turning the bars to the extreme; and someone with a small frame might think there's a little excess hose up front...but none of this would effect the performance of the bike.

If anything, manufacturers probably err on the long side so that the hose can be cut back if needed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts