Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
slamma
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do these bike compare. anyone have any experince with the Tomac snyper 140 i can make up my mind between the two, i may have to buy both:skep: They are both realy nice but you can beat the yeti wtih its culture, love it:thumbsup:, i may have just answered my own question. :p

·
EDR
10,586 Posts
richa831 said:
I can't decide, is the Black more durable. will the Turquoise chip or flake.:confused:
all painted bikes can chip. My turq '05 had some rock chips in it and a bit of chipping/flaking around one of the bolts that connected the rear shock from stress I'd guess,(or dogbone, can't remember). My '08 black is nearly flawless after a few months of hard riding, with several crashes, at least. I mostly attribute the lack of scratches on the newer bike to pure luck but still, it has been down hard in my rocky terrain a few times with no wear to show for it.

·
slamma
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i figured as much. Its hard to decide because the yeti turquoise screams yeti, but the black looks sooo nice. i cant decide. oh well when the time comes I'm sure id like either one. :D:cool:

·
Registered
534 Posts
richa831 said:
How do these bike compare. anyone have any experince with the Tomac snyper 140 i can make up my mind between the two, i may have to buy both:skep: They are both realy nice but you can beat the yeti wtih its culture, love it:thumbsup:, i may have just answered my own question. :p
Interestingly enough, the bike my LBS loaned me while I waited on my 575 was a Snyper. It was a sweet ride to be sure. The Yeti just seems a little sharper somehow to me - it just nails the lines I want with little or no effort. The Tomac was good, but it just didn't seem as good.

·
slamma
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool, tomac seems like a sweet ride, and i would imagine that the yeti would still have an edge just from the way they are constructed. you can't go wrong with the company either, with tomac, however, even though they seemed to have hit the the nail on head with this one, you never know what the company is gonna do next. the don't have any established dealers yes, except adrenaline bikes and themselves. I'm pretty sold on my 575. i came across a review the other day and it got me thinking, you know how it is when your shopping for a bike. i figure i have about 4 months till i can save up to get one. maybe if i wait long enough, they will start putting the new fox 32 in the build on the 09s. if not i decided im gonna go with black and switch the fork out with a pike. not original but pretty sweet:band:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.