Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find out what's up with the set up for the rp3 rear shock - does anyone have any ideas? The manual barely says what pressure the shock can handle, let alone some suggested starting points. Yeti's site has set up info, but not for the rp3. I guess the rp3 is just too new...Anyway, I'm 190 lbs, and I have about that much pressure in the shock which delivers about 1/2 inch of sag. (the suggested amount). At this setting, I seem to be getting a lot more pedal induced bob than I did when I demo'd the bike (with the progressive 5th).

What are your experiences? I'm almost ready to swap the rp3 for the progressive from my Blur.

thanks

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
ruster said:
I'm trying to find out what's up with the set up for the rp3 rear shock - does anyone have any ideas? The manual barely says what pressure the shock can handle, let alone some suggested starting points. Yeti's site has set up info, but not for the rp3. I guess the rp3 is just too new...Anyway, I'm 190 lbs, and I have about that much pressure in the shock which delivers about 1/2 inch of sag. (the suggested amount). At this setting, I seem to be getting a lot more pedal induced bob than I did when I demo'd the bike (with the progressive 5th).

What are your experiences? I'm almost ready to swap the rp3 for the progressive from my Blur.

thanks
I built one for a friend and used the Fox recommended sag table to set the shock up. That seemed about right to me. There was a noticable difference in pedal bob between the 3 pro-pedal settings and in the firm setting, it seemed almost as firm as my Blur. You can always increase pressure and firm it up, but running it with proper sag is the way to go. It's not going to ride like a 5th, but that's not neccesarily a bad thing. Also, I'm pretty sure the eye to eye on the RP3 is longer than the 5th on your Blur.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.