Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have a Z1 light and now have a 55 ETA. My Z1 light had a place on the rc2 side to put in air for more or less compression. Does the New 55 ETA have an Air port for increasing pressure like the old Z1 light did or all of the Adjustments within the TST Micro cart? Also if this is not an option, does the RC3 cart have this option? And yes I know it is not available for the 55's at least not yet.
Thanks,
Mctigre

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Yes, the ETA has air preload--not necessarily compression. You have to use the TST micro to adjust compression, which does not work very well in my experience.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mountainbiker123,
Does the ETA adjustment piece pop off and there is a valve underneath? The reason why I ask is I called Marz. Tech support yesterday and they said you cannot put Air in the 55 ETA. Before I got this fork I was told Differently and I just want an honest answer.
Thanks,
Mctigre

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Well, I have to put air in my ETA. I don't know who you talked to but why would there be an air valve if it had no function? If I did not have any air in my ETA, I would be sagging at about 75%. Currently I have to run about 25psi in the ETA side to get the sag I need.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, so I popped off the ETA Piece and I see there is a port for a pump but there is an O ring that is blocking this port. Should this be removed. Sorry to sound Ignorant but I just dont know.
Thanks,
Mctigre

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Yes, remove o-ring and add air. Whats your rider weight? I am about 185lbs with gear.

Also, better make sure that you have the special Marz adapter.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have not gotten a chance to do more than a 2 to maybe a 2.5 foot drop on the trail. I have not bottomed it out yet. The fork feels a little soft midstroke. That is why I was asking about putting in a little more air. Now that I know I can this will make my fork feel more like my Z1 light maybe. Ill find out on Thursday when I get out on the trail. How long have you had your 55 ETA? Are you getting full travel on your fork? And finally did adding some more air pressure to your fork make a big difference?
Thanks,
Mctigre

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Yes, adding air made a difference. I had an ATA and switched to the ETA cart. I was not getting full travel until I rebuilt the ETA cart.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.