Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
ROBOTIC RESERVE
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok now that I got your attention, I wanted to share my new 5.Spot with the Homers. :thumbsup:

2008 Raw Five spot XL (30.7 Lbs)
Rock Shox Pike 454
Fox RP23
Hope Pro II Hubs
819 Mavic Rims
XT Deore Cranks and Shifters
XTR Front Derailleur
XT Rear Derailleur
Avid Code 5 brakes 185mm Rotors
Chris King BB and Headset
Thompson Stem and Seatpost
Hope QR Clamp
Race Face Altus AM Bars
Lizard Skins grips
WTB Weirwolf LT 2.55 Tires (Running Tubeless)
WTB Devo Ti Saddle

Attachments

·
ROBOTIC RESERVE
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1989 Ford Mustang GT only 8k miles. Vortec Supercharger 11lbs of boost and many other mods pushing 600HP. Its for Sale!

The Pdeals are Crank Brothers Red and Black.

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
Otter said:
My guess is a '87 Ford Mustang GT. Nice bike by the way.
Great call Otter I'm impressed..I had a 87 Mustang GT conv. you would think I'd of gotton this...:madman: I did think JC had a good call only because of the side back window had a real Lumina look to it.. JC when you said Lincoln coupe were you thinking of the LSC? I say lets see this Mustang...............CF.

·
Registered
499 Posts
The spoiler and low rear bumper is what gave it away for me. I had an '87 GT back in the college days. Man those cars could scoot. I had 3 roommates; one drove and '86 or '87 vette, another an IROC 350, another an RX-7 turbo and my '87 GT. To say we had a few drags would be putting it mildly. I beat them all handily, only the Vette beat me once and that was do to driver error. Good times!!

·
Registered
12,954 Posts
Nice.

How are the WW 2.55 LTs working on the 819 rims? I've been running the 2.5 Weir Wolf race up front on my Cane Creek Zonos which are the same width as the 819s and wondered if the 2.55 (which are a bigger volume tire) would fare. Do they squirm or roll over in corners? I love the tread pattern and it grips like crazy in the dry loose over hardpack, but the 2.5 seems a bit slow rolling. It fits pretty well on that rim but it may be pushing it a bit for size.

I haven't tried it tubless yet. Any issues with the tubless setup with that tire?

Thanks.

·
ROBOTIC RESERVE
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
KRob said:
Nice.

How are the WW 2.55 LTs working on the 819 rims? I've been running the 2.5 Weir Wolf race up front on my Cane Creek Zonos which are the same width as the 819s and wondered if the 2.55 (which are a bigger volume tire) would fare. Do they squirm or roll over in corners? I love the tread pattern and it grips like crazy in the dry loose over hardpack, but the 2.5 seems a bit slow rolling. It fits pretty well on that rim but it may be pushing it a bit for size.

I haven't tried it tubless yet. Any issues with the tubless setup with that tire?

Thanks.
I only have one ride with this set up and found it to be very fast rolling and didn't notice any roll over so far, im taking a little longer ride this weekend and ill let you know how it does.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts