Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a pair of "Extreeme Steering Chunky Fuel Grips" (what a name :rolleyes: )

http://www.extremesteering.com/Silicone_Grips_Shock_Absorbing.htm

and for once the advertised weight is actually more than the real one. Advertised is 70 but on my scale the grips are 58 + 6 grams for the bar cups. Cut to size to fit my Gtipshift weight is a nice 52 grams total.

Besides weight these are (1) VERY confortable (more than oury) (2) VERY grippy, and they give a nicely uniform and solid contact sensation with the bar (3) for gripshift users they offer a very distinct but confotable transition between grip and shifter which is a big plus

I like them a lot, this are not racer only grips, and are perfectly fine for jumps and very aggressive ride.

Only thing for my hands + motocross gloves I use the grip might be a bit large. I might give a try to the Racer edge model tha tis thinner (and shaves off 20 grams).

·
Registered
432 Posts
Davide said:
Just got a pair of "Extreeme Steering Chunky Fuel Grips" (what a name :rolleyes: )

and for once the advertised weight is actually more than the real one. Advertised is 70 but on my scale the grips are 58 + 6 grams for the bar cups. Cut to size to fit my Gtipshift weight is a nice 52 grams total.

Besides weight these are (1) VERY confortable (more than oury) (2) VERY grippy, and they give a nicely uniform and solid contact sensation with the bar (3) for gripshift users they offer a very distinct but confotable transition between grip and shifter which is a big plus

I like them a lot, this are not racer only grips, and are perfectly fine for jumps and very aggressive ride.

Only thing for my hands + motocross gloves I use the grip might be a bit large. I might give a try to the Racer edge model tha tis thinner (and shaves off 20 grams).
you should get titec pork rinds, on that topic, i can't find them on their website anymore. do they still carry them?

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mpap89 said:
you should get titec pork rinds, on that topic, i can't find them on their website anymore. do they still carry them?
I actually used the pork rinds years ago and i did not like them that much. these have a nicer shape (thicker toward the palm, which helps holding the bar) and seem more confortable ( if my memory works right)

·
Registered
17 Posts
great grips!

I actually discovered these grips at Sea Otter in 2003 and have been using the Racer's Edge model ever since. They are comfortable, easy to install and remove and reinstall, and very light! I like the feel of the thinner Racer's Edge model. I race expert XC and wouldn't trade these grips for anything (especially the pork-rinds!)

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
grogers said:
I actually discovered these grips at Sea Otter in 2003 and have been using the Racer's Edge model ever since. They are comfortable, easy to install and remove and reinstall, and very light! I like the feel of the thinner Racer's Edge model. I race expert XC and wouldn't trade these grips for anything (especially the pork-rinds!)
good to know that the thinner are confortable as well, i might give them a try although the large version is soooo comfy! :D

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lighter at 37 grams

Davide said:

just got a pair of thinner diameter racer-dege and they weight 43 grams. I shaved off 6 grams to fit my gripshift for nice 37 grams for the grips + 6 grams for bar cups :) and they fit my hand better ... neat product, really like the diferential thickness palm vs fingers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.