Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gaa-zee-raaaa!
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I just picked up a Mono recently, and think I may need to swap out the spring on the shock. I suspect I will be needing a 500# spring and figured I'd ask here to see if anyone has one they'd like to part with.

Also - does anyone know how I might tell what the weight is on my existing Ti spring?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Gaa-zee-raaaa!
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kanter said:
My Ti spring on my Fly was marked on one end with a sharpie too. Take the spring off and have a look. How much do you weigh and how much sag are you getting?
I weigh 194 w/o gear. I honestly haven't checked out the sag, though it did feel to be somewhere around 5" when I first rode the bike (it's been torn apart since the morning after I bought it while the shock is getting rebuilt). I did notice, though, that I was able to blow through the travel pretty easily while riding it down the sidewalk and throwing my weight backward, this may be something that will be addressed in the rebuild, but I was under the impression that Ti springs only came in weights up to 450#, while the Foes site recommends I use a 500#.

BTW - Thanks Rick - we're gonna have to get a group ride together down there before too long. How are things from your car incident coming along?

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
Godzilla said:
BTW - Thanks Rick - we're gonna have to get a group ride together down there before too long. How are things from your car incident coming along?
Absolutely, palmer is in good shape right now. I've been riding full time for awhile now and the foot is starting to really come around, still some scar tissue around the wound and I tweaked the ankle pretty good on the skis a couple a weeks ago but overall it's doing very well. Thanks for asking and lets ride soon while the snow is staying away, saw something on the FR forum about Buffalo creek, that sounds fun.

So you gonna do some DH racing on the mono? I'll probably do a few XC races with some of my buddies this year, the super D would be cool on the FXR too.

·
Gaa-zee-raaaa!
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rroeder said:
Absolutely, palmer is in good shape right now. I've been riding full time for awhile now and the foot is starting to really come around, still some scar tissue around the wound and I tweaked the ankle pretty good on the skis a couple a weeks ago but overall it's doing very well. Thanks for asking and lets ride soon while the snow is staying away, saw something on the FR forum about Buffalo creek, that sounds fun.

So you gonna do some DH racing on the mono? I'll probably do a few XC races with some of my buddies this year, the super D would be cool on the FXR too.
yeah - I plan to get a full racing season in this year. I'll be doing both Super D (on the Gemini, or possibly on a new HT) and DH - sure am looking forward to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.