Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few days off next week and would like to get longer rides in.

I know a lot of you have done 50+ milers in Auburn, and I'd like to know what routes you guys like that have the least amount of repetition.

I was thinking:

Up clementine, Connector, FHDL, back to Connector, down Culvert + Confluence. Then up Confluence, Culvert, back to connector, FDHL in counter clockwise, then back down Connector then down to Clementine.

That should be right around 50 miles, 7,000' vert, and ~ 5 hours moving time. If you guys have any suggestions that are more interesting I'd be up for it! Or better yet, if one of you guys want to join me, let's work something out!

-Ben

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Start on west side

Start from down in the canyon at Confluence parking, go up Stagecoach, down Manzanita, then upper Stagecoach, down Mossy Rock, across the bridge, up Fuel Break to the Clementine/Connector intersection. That's 8 miles. Then add the other trails. You can also come back this way.

Auburn.jpg

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
http://forums.mtbr.com/california-norcal/epic-auburn-climbfest-10-4k-feet-772713.html

kevin put together one of the only non-repetitive 50+ auburn routes that I've ever done. If you ditched mckeon ponderosa, it should get you real close to 50.

It kinda depends what bike you're on. If you bring a bike with fun geo and maybe some squish, you can start adding in other trails for maximum fun. WST/ARC/OHV. The fireroads linked above can get boring after awhile.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have a few days off next week and would like to get longer rides in.

I know a lot of you have done 50+ milers in Auburn, and I'd like to know what routes you guys like that have the least amount of repetition.

I was thinking:

Up clementine, Connector, FHDL, back to Connector, down Culvert + Confluence. Then up Confluence, Culvert, back to connector, FDHL in counter clockwise, then back down Connector then down to Clementine.

That should be right around 50 miles, 7,000' vert, and ~ 5 hours moving time. If you guys have any suggestions that are more interesting I'd be up for it! Or better yet, if one of you guys want to join me, let's work something out!

-Ben
how familiar are u with the trails in/around auburn?

depending what day i would possibly be down to tour you around...i could get u upwards of 100 miles on different trails depending what u want...

i live in auburn and ride 5 days a week....

let me know

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input all. I'll be in Auburn at the crack of dawn on Monday to get my fix. Will post up what I end up doing.

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Perfect conditions!

Perfect conditions today! Flowers in full bloom. Right near the 7 mile post on Foresthill Divide Loop is a nice patch of yellow Mariposa Lilies.

<iframe width='465' height='548' frameborder='0' src='http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/480776268'></iframe>​

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had a solid ride today. Nobody was out there! It was awesome having the trails all to myself.

Ended up doing Clementine-->Connector--FHDL clockwise -->Connector--> Culvert+Confluence then back up Clementine-->Connector--> FHDL Counter-clockwise --> Connector --> Culvert+ Confluence.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Had a solid ride today. Nobody was out there! It was awesome having the trails all to myself.

Ended up doing Clementine-->Connector--FHDL clockwise -->Connector--> Culvert+Confluence then back up Clementine-->Connector--> FHDL Counter-clockwise --> Connector --> Culvert+ Confluence.

good amount of miles...but YAWN ....

u missed all the good stuff!!!!

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
who was on the tennis ball yellow bronson headed back to the confluence down Clem? Homie was all covered in dirt and looked like he took a nice fall!
that's jon, I think it took him out of the running for the lemurian.

Were you in a blue jersey? I only saw one other person pop out of WST.

Nice work on the 50 Ben

·
Registered
268 Posts
Is there anyway we could plan a group ride some weekend so you guys could show us all the good stuff. I normally ride Clementine, Connector, FHDL, and Culvert but I know there has to be more trails around.

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
Is there anyway we could plan a group ride some weekend so you guys could show us all the good stuff. I normally ride Clementine, Connector, FHDL, and Culvert but I know there has to be more trails around.
Sounds like we need an Auburn Spring Thing.

Paging BigBoulder!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts