Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I was the sole 29er racing in our local Wednesday race series.

Last night as the series wrapped up, there were 5 29ers racing. Does this mean that next year there will be 25?

Just as an aside, all 29ers raced singlespeed.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Hmm, intriguing.
Are existing singlespeeders just sooner to convert to 29" than gearies? Or are people ntering both 29" and SS in one go? Might make a nice poll on here...

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
SurlyPete said:

Last night as the series wrapped up, there were 5 29ers racing. Does this mean that next year there will be 25?

Nahh, not me. I got too much love & money in my 26" Chester. However, once I finish paying off my car and other stuff, that Mutinyman looks mighty tempting ;) I doubt that it'll be before next year's Wednesday series though.

Nice meeting you at the races. You doing the last Cranky Monkey?

rickyd

·
Fat Boy Deluxe
409 Posts
SurlyPete said:

While all the 29ers raced singlespeed, they didn't all actually race in the singlespeed class. I know of at least one that raced clydesdale, although he could hang with the expert crew, not unlike the front half of the singlespeed crew (who on other days do race expert). Yea, it can get lonely in the back, ha.

DT

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
SurlyPete said:

I got a laugh out of reading this post. Tonight's the first Wednesday at Wakefield for this year (provided it doesn't rain too hard), and I'm curious to see how many more singlespeeders have moved up to 29er. I have, despite my response nearly a year ago.

I'm not sure if I'll race, but I'll be out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.