Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say what you want about standover, but it is rather important to me at 47 years old. I'm looking for a true Enduro bike that gives me a decent chance at standover. Prefer 150mm+ rear travel, but considering 140mm. Currently ride Yeti SB5 XS with dropped top tube, that fits like a glove.

Looking for feedback from anyone under 5'1". I have a longer torso and shorter legs, so 27.5 is the only wheel size under consideration.

Any feedback from the uber shorties on the Mach 5.5 and Mach 6? I think my true standover clearance is 27.75". I've learned that the geo charts or not necessarily reliable where standover is concerned.

·
Freezer
606 Posts
I can't speak to the fit of the bike, but having owned a Mach 5.5 and demoed a SB5 a couple of times, I'll just chime in and say that the SB5 is definitely a better climber and the Mach 5.5 is a better downhill smasher. I'd guess that those differences would be more pronounced with lighter riders.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, and to be clear, I'm keeping the SB5 as my everyday bike. I'm primarily looking for a bike for the shuttled trails and will likely do some of the local Enduro's on the longer travel bike.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I’d go with the Mach 6. They make some really small sizes in that bike and it is more DH than the 5.5.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.