Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Say what you want about standover, but it is rather important to me at 47 years old. I'm looking for a true Enduro bike that gives me a decent chance at standover. Prefer 150mm+ rear travel, but considering 140mm. Currently ride Yeti SB5 XS with dropped top tube, that fits like a glove.

Looking for feedback from anyone under 5'1". I have a longer torso and shorter legs, so 27.5 is the only wheel size under consideration.

Bikes I'd love feedback on (2017 or newer)...

Norco Range
Pivot Mach 5.5 or 6
Kona Process 153
Knolly Warden
Ibi HD4

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Liv Hail Advanced has 160R/170F but it has just a bit more standover than the SB5 in an XS at 28".

What is your max acceptable standover? I would recommend the SB6, but it has 29.9" of standover compared to your XS SB5 with 26.3"!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Liv Hail Advanced has 160R/170F but it has just a bit more standover than the SB5 in an XS at 28".

What is your max acceptable standover? I would recommend the SB6, but it has 29.9" of standover compared to your XS SB5 with 26.3"!
I think my absolute max is 27.75" on standover. My experience has been that every bike co measures it a bit differently, so I don't trust the numbers. For instance, Turner measures about half way up the top tube and lists standover as 28"+, but I have no trouble standing over an RDX.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I think my absolute max is 27.75" on standover. My experience has been that every bike co measures it a bit differently, so I don't trust the numbers. For instance, Turner measures about half way up the top tube and lists standover as 28"+, but I have no trouble standing over an RDX.
I think the standover on a Mach 5.5 in an XS is 27". It has always gotten excellent reviews. It has a DPX2 shock which may or may not work well, stock, if you're very light as well. If there are any spacers front and back, I'd have them removed, at least.

I'd hit the Pivot board for more info, or women's forum for light rider feedback.

·
L1MEY
1,487 Posts
Ibis HD4 in a small? I'm 5'2" and riding a small HD3 which fits me really well and has plenty of standover. I haven't tried the HD4 but I understand it's a bit longer in reach than the HD3. Since I have a short torso the HD4 might not be ideal for me, but if you have a longer torso it might be just the ticket.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ibis hd4 looks promising. I have the Ripley LS in small and it is a tad too tall for me, the hd4 lists standover at 27.3.

Already crossed off Norco Range, as I managed to get a pic of a woman at 5'2" on the bike. I know the Norco Sight fits, but looking for more travel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.