Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am going to be getting a 5-spot. I understand that it has a 69* headtube angle. What size of fork is that based on (5" I know) in terms of axle to crown? I have sent an e-mail to Turner, but am interested in finding out tonight!

Also any ideas on A2C of the marzocchi AM1 110-130 and 130-150? How about the fox Talas ?

Thanks in advance.

TJ

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
And the A-C of the Fox (actually based on the 125mm pre-2005 Foxes) is ~498mm.

Go with a Fox if you want a balanced but sporty ride, or go with a Pike/Mav DUC/Nixon/130mm Zoke/etc (~518mm A-C) if you want a bit more high speed stability.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
You should probably get Turner on the phone for specific answers. Email can be hit and miss and they have an odd ability to answer tangentially sometimes.

The best of all worlds is a fork with an extended A-C in the ~520mm range, but which can be lowered. The ultimate fork on the 5-Spot is probably the Zoke AM1 in the 110-130 model. The Pike is really cool, but I would wait until the '06 Team Air with U-turn comes out. An 05 Talas would be great too, but it does not extend as much as the others. A Nixon Super (TCP, RTWD) may be a great option too.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts

The current 5 Spot was designed for a 19.75" "fork" When the 130mm travel Fox came out it was such a small difference that I did not feel it needed a re-design. There is no re-design of head tube location or angles planned, it seems to work well with the forks riders choose to fit the way they ride.

DT

·
Registered
10,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
turnerbikes said:
The current 5 Spot was designed for a 19.75" "fork" When the 130mm travel Fox came out it was such a small difference that I did not feel it needed a re-design. There is no re-design of head tube location or angles planned, it seems to work well with the forks riders choose to fit the way they ride.

DT
Cool. From the man himself. Thanks for that! Looking forward to getting on one of your frames.

TJ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.