1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
SkullCrack said:
Couldn't leave well enough alone...
OWUCH!
I gotta stand up now... I think I feel a FMB coming on:D

(neener, neener, I got to say it first!)

·
in the getto
175 Posts
That bike's OK , but I like jncarpenter's new avatar better! :D

·
Registered
691 Posts
SkullCrack said:
Couldn't leave well enough alone...
I had heard that CK was going to produce a front hub for the Maverick 24mm front axle design. I assume that is it, but I had not been aware they were in production. Where did you get it?

John W.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Consumer spending down...?

Way to try to pull up the average!

That thing is sick although I bet you skimped on...uh...er...your bike socks.

Sweet bike,

Sean

·
Registered
436 Posts
That has to be one of the nicest Spots I have seen, have you weighed her yet? How about a ride review too while your at it?

A CK 20mm hub will adapt to the Maverik fork with the 24mm kit.

·
Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
Sweet! The gray looks smooth, and if I'm not mistaken that's not a p-c'd spring, it TI correct? The CK/Mav combo is pimp, I've been eyeing a set of gold kings for awhile, maybe now's the time.

·
on a routine expedition
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CrashTheDOG said:
Now that dog will hunt! Spill the beans, who PC'd it and how much? Did you have the spring PC'd as well?
Hey Crash,

I had it PC'd at Olympic Powdercoating. It was around $130 including the stripping. The spring isn't powdercoated, it's ti. Like Soupboy said, I'm trying to do my part for the economy.

Before photo:

Attachments

·
on a routine expedition
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
papajohn said:
I had heard that CK was going to produce a front hub for the Maverick 24mm front axle design. I assume that is it, but I had not been aware they were in production. Where did you get it?

John W.
Hi John,

I think they started shipping them around the end of June/beg. of July. I got mine (as well as the fork) from The Path in Tustin, CA. Those guys rock.

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
SkullCrack said:
Hey Crash,

I had it PC'd at Olympic Powdercoating. It was around $130 including the stripping.
wow...they sure did a good job! (well from the photo it looks like it). How is there color selection? what is the process?

thanks.

·
Just Grin and HUCK it...
855 Posts
Very Nice!!

You've got some serious blinggage going on there. :D
Nice PC job as well. Very stealthy looking.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
I know I have been living under a tundra hummock for a few months, but when did they come out with a grey frame? That looks awfully nice. Wher'dja'git the Ti spring?

·
mad aussie
1,129 Posts
Hot Damn, that bike is probably worth more than the GDP of some third world countries.
That is one sweet ride, I'm glad mine doesnt look anywhere as nice or I would be afraid of riding it.

Tscheezy, you forgot how to read stuck up in Alaska :D -I think PC stands for powdercoating (pssst....he had it repowdercoated)

·
on a routine expedition
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tscheezy said:
I know I have been living under a tundra hummock for a few months, but when did they come out with a grey frame? That looks awfully nice. Wher'dja'git the Ti spring?
I had it repowdercoated. The guys at Olympic PC were a bit dismayed as to why I would want to strip off the shiny red and replace it with a matte dark grey, but they did a good job, and turned it around in about 7 working days.

I got the spring at 123.

·
on a routine expedition
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Acadian said:
wow...they sure did a good job! (well from the photo it looks like it). How is there color selection? what is the process?

thanks.
They do a lot of bikes at Olympic, including a lot of Turners. They recognized the frame as a 5 spot right away. They did a good job masking off the pivot areas, but I did have to get the head tube and bottom bracket re-faced.

Check out their website here. I think they can do pretty much any RAL color, but some may take longer as they don't have them all in stock.

The bike has to be broken down completely (including removing all the bushings and zerks). I was very thankful for Tcheezy's Turner Tech site, it made disassembly and reassembly a breeze. I did have to get a new bushing kit and zerks from Turner, as it was almost impossible to take out the existing bushings without at least a little damage. I had the stickers cut out of a matte black vinyl at a local sign shop using the file that had been posted here earlier.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts