Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Turner world, question for you all. Still riding my beloved 05 5 Spot with 07 Pike 454 Dual Airs, question is how do i work out what my head angle is now, it's a set up i've gotten used to and love it but the ol girls gettin a bit long in the tooth now and the new bike needs same head angle. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
9,440 Posts
gezmason said:
Hi Turner world, question for you all. Still riding my beloved 05 5 Spot with 07 Pike 454 Dual Airs, question is how do i work out what my head angle is now, it's a set up i've gotten used to and love it but the ol girls gettin a bit long in the tooth now and the new bike needs same head angle. Thanks for any help.
Home depot sells angle gauges for $10. Mine had a magnetic base that I put a couple washers on either side to clear the Turner headbadge when in use.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
stock geo was 69 degree. I think 2005 was when they came out with the 130 fork (my 2004 was with a 125), so the 69 HA was probably calculated with the 130. God only knows what the A2C of your average 130 fork was. Probably about 500mm or 510. So you can do a rough calculation by figuring out the A2C of the fork you have now. If it's 535 to 540 then your HA might be around 68. But also depends on what tires you run, etc. Angle finder from home depot is a good idea, but they are not that accurate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.