Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
a.k.a. MTBMaven
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market to a new frame and would like to price check a 5 Spot frame. I know MSRP is like $1,900. I also know that plenty of people don't pay MSRP. How much did you pay for your 5 Spot frame? I would prefer that people PM me if they got a really special deal. I don't want to publicize people's rock bottom price. I understand people need to make a living. At the same time I don't have $1,900 right now but really want a new frame.

·
Daniel the Dog
6,764 Posts
I bought mine used on Ebay

mtnfiend said:
I'm in the market to a new frame and would like to price check a 5 Spot frame. I know MSRP is like $1,900. I also know that plenty of people don't pay MSRP. How much did you pay for your 5 Spot frame? I would prefer that people PM me if they got a really special deal. I don't want to publicize people's rock bottom price. I understand people need to make a living. At the same time I don't have $1,900 right now but really want a new frame.
I got it for $1,225.00 shipped. Not bad.

Jaybo

·
a.k.a. MTBMaven
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You're Darn Right!

"Me thinks he's just fishing."

You're damn right I'm fishing. That's what forums like this are for, fishing for information. I look at these boards nearly every day learning from you guys. So much so that now I can't bring myself to look at much else but a Yeti, Ventana, or Turner. You have no one to blame but yourselves! :)

The problem is living in LA you need more than a dual incomes and two masters degrees to buy a POS house in a POS neighborhood. That does mix well when you only want to ride the best money can buy and a bad case of UGI.

So yes I'm fishing, don't hate the player - hate the game.

What I would like to get an understanding of is etailer that are willing to work with customers to get the best deal possible. I'm not looking to scam anyone, just not pay MSRP. Sorry if this post ruffels anyone's feathers.

·
Full Monty Bike Bore
483 Posts
Chad at RedBarn cut me a good deal when I ordered a 5Spot along with a fork. He graciously offered a couple of alternatives and we quickly fiddled around with the spec to come out with a crackin' deal, IMO. Waaay better than I can get over here in the UK.

Happy hunting.

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
If you don't have $1900 or $1800 or even $1200, your best bet would be to either steal a 5 Spot, buy it hot or forget about it. Preferably, not the first two options.

_MK

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.