Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
carpe mañana
7,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you guys say would be a value of a 2005 5 Spot frame? It has been ridden since the 26th of March. It is large, black and has a silver rear end with a Horst Link. I will also be selling it with a brand new, unused, DHX 5.0 coilover. The frame has a few scratches in the powdercoat on the top tube and a few more on the seat and chain stays. No dents nor dings, just a few scratches, some a little deeper than others? Thanks in advance!

_MK

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Shucks, if it was a small, I'd take it from you. You'll have no problems selling it for sure. For price reference, a brand new large '05 with an RP3 just sold on Ebay for $1450. Dang, aren't there any short dudes like me? Every damn frame out there in shops and online has been medium and large!

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
You may want to consider a medium.. The 5 Spot frame has a short head tube and seat tube. I'm only a little over 5'8 and I fit a medium and a large. I ended up with the medium, but my bike sports over 9'5" of exposed seatpost.

What's your true inseam?

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
myitch said:
Shucks, if it was a small, I'd take it from you. You'll have no problems selling it for sure. For price reference, a brand new large '05 with an RP3 just sold on Ebay for $1450. Dang, aren't there any short dudes like me? Every damn frame out there in shops and online has been medium and large!
...FYI, that wasn't a NEW frame either. It was sold by a company that refurbishes & sells used bikes for top dollar. I was watching that auction because I will soon be listing a 5 Spot myself.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Blue Shorts said:
You may want to consider a medium.. The 5 Spot frame has a short head tube and seat tube. I'm only a little over 5'8 and I fit a medium and a large. I ended up with the medium, but my bike sports over 9'5" of exposed seatpost.

What's your true inseam?
I'm 5' 6.5" tall, 28" inseam. Yeah, I know its short but I'm big in presence..ha!

The small 5 Spot stand over is 31". The top tube length is better for me on the small also.

·
carpe mañana
7,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DLine said:
Time for that 6 Pack. From a Burner to the other side in less than a year. Nice!
;)
Yep, just as you predicted 9 moths ago. ;) You sure you can't convince your wife your behind could use an extra inch of cush? :D

Finishing up the build right now, damn that thing is gorgeous.

_MK

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
jncarpenter said:
...FYI, that wasn't a NEW frame either. It was sold by a company that refurbishes & sells used bikes for top dollar. I was watching that auction because I will soon be listing a 5 Spot myself.
How did you find that out? I would think that is fraud to be selling refurbished frames as new. Hmm, better be on the lookout for fraud like that. Is this another scam like the S. African email scammers, you know, "I'll send you a certified check for $5000..." scam?

·
carpe mañana
7,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cactuscorn said:
4 hours is more than enough time for a build, even with a beer run taken into account. now wheres those damn pics??!!
Hey cactus, here are a couple of shots, one of the bike, one of the clearance of the PP knob and the frame. The build isn't anything exciting by today's UGI standards. I am also awaiting a longer Thomson stem as the one on there is a 50mm, from my playbike, and I've got a 70 coming. The fork will change, currently the ZAM1 as most likely will the rear shock, to the CCDB. For now, my bank account is flush. The nice thing is, as pictured, the bike is 32lbs on the nose.

_MK

Attachments

·
carpe mañana
7,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mudpie said:
mk

That build looks great, congrads on the new bike. I have a similar build in the works and I will be looking forward to finishing it up shortly.....
Thanks. I am really bummed, though, as I have a super high fever and all, and can't throw a leg over the bike for quite some time.

_MK

·
carpe mañana
7,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Renegade said:
Mk_, welcome to the dark side!
32 pounds? What a lightweight!
FM said:
Super sweet ride! :)

32lbs with a GD seatpost & marzocchi fork? How did that happen? I think you must be using the MBA scale!:eek:
Hey thanks. I was a bit surprised myself, but I guess, since my 5 Spot with the idenical build was a hair over 31lbs, the Pack with a shorter stem is less than a full pound heavier. I'm also missing a lot of material on the cranks and the bash guard. ;)

_MK

1 - 18 of 18 Posts