Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mtb try hard
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of all, best full suspension bike that i have rode, hands down:D . but, i do seem to be having a few problems trying to keep the front mech cable from wearing through where it passes beside the top rocker linkage and i have replaced the outer 3 times now:sad: . just does not seem to like it no matter how i position the cable. is anyone else having this problem or can anyone suggest how i fix this. any input will be greatly appreciated.

·
Mtb try hard
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, have tried running it tight where i had the most wear to having a big loopy lobe but during a compression stroke i wasted a new outer in seconds(got jammed and tore through outer.).size is a medium.

·
Mtb try hard
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gmats said:
What vintage is this Spot? DW, TNT, HL? I have pictures of a good routing for HL/TNT version.
its a DW link, i may just have to spend a bit more time with the cable position. cable rub on the frame is not the issue, its the rocker arm wearing through the outers of the cables and im having to replace them. not a lot of clearance for cable. maybe some teflon tape around the cable itself or on the inside of the rocker arm?. appreciate your answers guys. thought this may have been common on this model but so far its looking like its just the way i have set her up.

·
Mtb try hard
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
steadite said:
Sorry for the non-Turner content, but it's the same issue, different make...I use a presta valve nut to make a standoff with a zip tie.
quite the opposite of the problem i was having but that is a pearler all the same. good job.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.