Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Nice, nice, nice, nice, nice! I love those kinds of trails.
The blue trim is mighty spanky!
I'm looking foreward to hearing your thoughts on the 5 Spot and the Sturdies.

Welcome aboard ;)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bikezilla said:
Nice, nice, nice, nice, nice! I love those kinds of trails.
The blue trim is mighty spanky!
I'm looking foreward to hearing your thoughts on the 5 Spot and the Sturdies.

Welcome aboard ;)
Thanks Zilla, When I first put the spot together last december, it was all about the stealth look. The blue is something I was looking to do for a while...

As far as the sturdies this is my first set of larger volume tires...(IRC mythos 2.1 before)
The bigger tire certainly suits my style of riding, what was I thinking with 2.1s the larger tire seems to be more forgiving, offers better traction in the slick stuff, rolls over that un expected pile of sand that seems to always pop up in some turns....just an all around great tire and I did not even notice the little bit of extra grams.....I tend to stand up alot at the end of the steeper climbs, not once did I loose traction....hoping to do some more rides and give reviews on my first set of Kings and new juicy 7s( still need to install the goodridge line on the front brake)

Thanks goes out to Larry.....

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Duncan said:
The black frame with blue bits does indeed look nice and different. Where is that trail? East Coast US?
East coast type foliage & narrow trails...way too much growth to be the North East this time of year. Red clay earth...Gotta be the south. First guess Georga.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bikezilla said:
East coast type foliage & narrow trails...way too much growth to be the North East this time of year. Red clay earth...Gotta be the south. First guess Georga.
Bikezilla is correct, yellow river in Snellville GA about 20 minutes outside of Atlanta....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.