Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a medium, now have a large. I'm (5'11"ish)

If you search the forum there is a good piece by Dave Turner re. sizing. General recommendatoin is if you are in between sizes err on the large.

I bought the medium coming from a medium SC Heckler. However the Turner just didn't feel right.

The problem with the medium is not the top tube but the head tube and, to a lesser extent, the seat tube. The short head tube means that, at 5'11" you will probably need a stack of spacers. You will also need a whole heap of seatpost to make it comfortable.

Of course much depends on body shape but I would say go with the large.

HTH

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
I am 5.11 and had a large 05 Spot with a 90mm stem - With a Medium I would have needed a 100 or 110mm stem and that wasn't going to happen given the techy rocky descents round here.....I think your selection depends on what stem lenght you prefer and the terrain you ride

·
Just another FOC'er
2,222 Posts
I'm 5'11" too and went with a large. I really wanted it to climb well, and I wanted to keep the stem as short as possible. It ended up being perfect.

I'd also have an awfull lot of seatpost showing on the 17" medium.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My LBS just called and told me that the frame arrived (it's still a 2006 model) so i'll go today and have a look. He says that if I don't like the L he will replace it right away.

I just saw that the 2007 models are out but it will take long before they arrive here (Israel) so I'll saddle with the 2006 I guess ....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.