Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got a set of 5" RFX rockers they'd like to part with?

I'm doing an enduro event later this summer (Cheakamus Challenge) and was thinking of swapping over the 5" fork & parts from my hardtail to the RFX, with 5" rockers, for it.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
FM said:
Anybody got a set of 5" RFX rockers they'd like to part with?

I'm doing an enduro event later this summer (Cheakamus Challenge) and was thinking of swapping over the 5" fork & parts from my hardtail to the RFX, with 5" rockers, for it.
Hey FM, are 5" RFX rockers the same as Spot rockers? Regardless, Spot rockers will work aces as long as you keep it to trail riding. If you can't dig up a pair of used rockers, I'd give Larry @ Mnt. High a call. Also, you probably have this covered, but if you're coming off of 6" rockers you'll want to throw on a lighter spring as well. Good luck with the event.

·
roots, rocks, rhythm
799 Posts
There sure is alot of elevation gain on that ride!!!!
Are you also putting a different front fork on???
If I remember correctly I think your RFX had the F150.
(That sure would be alot of fork to push all the way to Whistler......)
Good luck on the race!!!! :D

Any luck in finding 5" rockers???
Maybe like Crashthedog said you could the 5-spot rocker.
:cool:

·
Registered
9,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I have a Z150 on the RFX. On my hardtail, I have a 5" Z1 fork and lighter wheels. Running the 5" rockers would allow me to use the Z1 fork &wheels, dropping probably 4-5lbs off off the RFX. Sounds like most people are running XC/FS race bikes for this event.

Fortunately, it's not a race- I'm just looking to finish! Should be fun though.

ANyways, thanks everybody for the offerrs. I'll be in touch!

Dawgprimo said:
There sure is alot of elevation gain on that ride!!!!
Are you also putting a different front fork on???
If I remember correctly I think your RFX had the F150.
(That sure would be alot of fork to push all the way to Whistler......)
Good luck on the race!!!! :D

Any luck in finding 5" rockers???
Maybe like Crashthedog said you could the 5-spot rocker.
:cool:

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
5S rockers will not...

...work. I've checked with Casey...mounting points/pivot positions just different enough. Turner (or your dealer) may give you a decent price on remain NOS rockers since the RFX is no longer made.

Another guy was making custom rockers for 7" travel and I'm sure he could do the same for 5" if you can't find them used or from Turner. Search the forum - somebody had a really nice set up running an Avy rear shock.

Sean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts