Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to buy my first car, since unlike most, the money is coming outta my pocket for this. Im looking for a semi fuel efficient SUV or truck for under 5 grand. I had a Cherokee for about a year that I was using till it got totaled( It wasn't me I swear). I tried out a few trucks, and Rangers are a dime a dozen but don't really fit

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm, i havent looked much at the Ravs, they do have a good rep as a cute ute. Id have to find a very compelling deal to make it worth it though, they look more then just a wee bit to small lol. My sister(yes I admit it, it's her fault I don't got a car now) just pulled the trigger on a Grand Cherokee, and the thing handles better then half of my friends cars, and my parents for that matter.

·
Track Junkie
1,236 Posts
Get a Ford Explorer Sport. Make sure it's a 2001 or newer, and has the OHC V6 (not OHV). The quality is top notch, gas mileage will be 20+mpg, and you can pick one up for less than $7k with under 70k miles.

If you have any questions regarding Explorers in general, just send me a PM.

-B

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Any hatchback...

carnage said:
Im looking to buy my first car, since unlike most, the money is coming outta my pocket for this. Im looking for a semi fuel efficient SUV or truck for under 5 grand. I had a Cherokee for about a year that I was using till it got totaled( It wasn't me I swear). I tried out a few trucks, and Rangers are a dime a dozen but don't really fit
... and add a trailer hitch and flatbed rack. Use a lot less gas, cheaper to run and maintain, cheaper insurance. Safer, too.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Audi A6

Go for a 1995 to 1999 Audi A6 Quattro Wagon. The earlier ones should be close to $5k. I picked one up last summer and love it. The AWD is better than any truck. The ride is 10 times better. It has heated seats, sunroof, and leather. You can put your bike on top or just lay it in the back. Plus it gets 19 in the city and 25 on the hwy. What $5k SUV will get that kind of mileage?

Attachments

·
Tripolar on most days
440 Posts
I bought this off Ebay last year for under 3K. It runs great came from AZ (so no rust) has room in the back for 4 bikes and 2 bikes & 2 kayaks on top and still gets 20- 22 mpg on the hwy.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.