Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im nterested in a 6.6 and I have a question about the frame size, Im 1.78 m (5.57fts), I think the M would fit me but I can see the M and L are kind of steep (the saddle to high compared to the headtube), do you think a S size (16) with a longer stem will work correctly or is it to small?

thanks

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Small for sure!

I am 5'7 and run a small 6.6 with a setback seatpost, and was running an 80mm stem (for about a year)but switched to a 60mm for a change. My saddle to bar measurement was the same as my buddies medium 6.6, but I was able to really drop the seat much lower for really technical terrain and jumping. Ride On- E2

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm struggling with this as well. If you fell in-between sizes (i.e. you were 5'7" and could therefore ride either a small or medium) which would you opt for if doing aggressive AM and why? Have those who are 5'7" found a small to be to cramped and those who ride a medium to be too big?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.