Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has probably been discussed before, but couldn't retrieve much in forum search.

So, how do the ride characteristics change when going from an 06' RFX to a 5.5 pack?
If I put on the new rockers, I may mate with an 06' TNT Flux/Spot rear triangle that I just got to shorten, lower, and slack things a bit. Any others on this set-up and how do you like it compared to a stock 6 pack/RFX set-up for aggro trail to light FR/DH'ing?

Thanks,

JG

·
Hisforever
1,867 Posts
I liked it, and am still rockin the 5.5pack.
I dont really remember what i noticed right away but if i went back i would'nt want or like the high bb and steeper front end.

The amount of travel doesnt really interest me, its the quality of the travel that counts not the amount...quality over quantity.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I love my 5.5 RFX. I don't think i would ever go back to the 6 inch rockers. The bike feels tighter, climbs better, a little slacker. You really wont notice the half inch of travel. Most of my riding is pedal up freeride down.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
richiebankrupt said:
I love my 5.5 RFX. I don't think i would ever go back to the 6 inch rockers. The bike feels tighter, climbs better, a little slacker. You really wont notice the half inch of travel. Most of my riding is pedal up freeride down.
Thanks Richie, you running with full Spot rear end or just seat stays and what year rear end?

JG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.