Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Fearing the Reaper
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
5.5 Tire Rub on Seat tube?

I know my Socom does it.... and the M6's.... but the 5.5?

I was washing the fleet down the other day and while cleaning the 5.5, I noticed the Made in USA sticker was getting chewed up just like my Socom. :eekster: (I'll get some photos... out of town right now) Looks like the rear tire is rubbing the seat tube when 'fully' compressed.

Anybody else notice this? It has been a challenge getting full travel from my RP23 and I'm wondering if this is the reason.

BTW: It's a Medium 2008 EVP. 2.35 UST Ignitors on 819s. Moderate trail riding only.

·
Fearing the Reaper
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I meant seat tube...:blush:

Photos right under the seatpost: the Socom in raw (as expected) and the 5.5 in white (surprise, surprise)

I'll drop the shock and check out the wheel path.... just haven't found the time!

I'll be surprised if this is in fact the case!

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
need to have a look at mine, I know the cross brace on the rear end 'bottoms out' on the seattube after squishing the front mech cable into the seattube (seat tube and cross brace are all marked where the three have come together). . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.