Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 569 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I will start....<br>Ti gray medium 5.5, Swinger & Firefly SPV, Mono Mini, Chris King ISO / Mavic 819 and some old XTR parts.<br>Definatelly not the lightest setup, but I'm cool with 29.5 lbs.<br>Just finished building it few days ago, took some pics before her first ride tomorrow ( she's still a virgin now :D )...<br>Okay, phatbiker, E-Man, EnMac, VpointVick and all 5.5 riders, your turn please.<br>BTW, is it any way to make this "sticky"??

Attachments

·
Auto-x addict
'04 Intense 5.5. Still going strong!
282 Posts
Here's mine

Also a Ti grey med. frame with Swinger, and also Chris King Iso / XM819 wheelset, but I'm running TALAS RLC, Truvativ Hussefelt cranks, HFX Mag Plus brakes, and X.9 triggers with X.0 Rr der. I like my Maxxis tires, even though they're heavy, so, mine's 30 lbs even.

TC3, I think you'll end up with those spacers above your stem soon enough. Mine only stayed down there for about 4 rides! Does the Firefly have the Rapid Travel Wind-down? The travel adjustment that my TALAS has sure helps control wandering on climbs of any length.

Attachments

·
it's just baby phat..
865 Posts
phat's 5.5

okay here are the highlights: med 5.5 w/talas rlc, easton zero rise mg 60 stem, thomson post, race face next lp isis cranks w/ 24-34 rings and bash guard, egg beaters, king headset, king disc hubs, mavic 3.1 tubeless rims, hope minis, easton ct2 carbon bar 1.5" rise, xtr shifters, xtr rapid rise rear derailer, xt front derailer, flite ti trans am saddle.

i've had it for a little over a month and i'm extremely happy with the ride but i think the bushings (near the linkage) on the swinger 4 way are starting to go :mad: .the finish is pretty lousy. climbs like a scared monkey and decends like a bike that has way more travel. much more fun than the ellsworth truth i was riding before this.

phat

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
soo sweet

i really wanted one of those...
anyways sweet build, get a black e-13 bashgaurd and you'd be ready for some serious fun :D

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My 5.5's face lift

Got some stuff from Performance with 20% off coupon (from "Where are the Best Deals?" forum)... then.... I think I need to buy cheaper cat food from now on. Don't hate me, Kiwi.

Attachments

·
Auto-x addict
'04 Intense 5.5. Still going strong!
282 Posts
Nice!

TC3 said:
Got some stuff from Performance with 20% off coupon (from "Where are the Best Deals?" forum)... then.... I think I need to buy cheaper cat food from now on. Don't hate me, Kiwi.
It looks a lot better with the yellow decals. I was disappointed when mine showed up with the red ones, seeing as how all the pre-release bikes were gray with yellow stickers, I had a preconceived idea of what it was going to look like!

Kiwi looks like he/she could afford to lose a little weight anyway! ;-)

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Blaster1200 said:
Here's my 5.5 (the one that was shown in the post "5.5 Nirvana" with new wheels. It was apparently a soft focus. Sorry.
Blaster,
your 5.5 looks badass!
Are you running Minions front and back?

Greg

·
Old school BMXer
2,695 Posts
yogreg said:
Blaster,
your 5.5 looks badass!
Are you running Minions front and back?

Greg
Yes, 2.35 Minions front and rear. They are the single-ply version, so they are only moderately heavy. :cool:

Right now I am running the Stan's No-Tubes, but I think I am going to the new maintenance-free Yes Tubes (www.yestubes.com).

Damned, on this computer my picture looks really bad. I can't even identify that the headset and hubs are red. I need to readjust my monitor.

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Blaster1200 said:
Yes, 2.35 Minions front and rear. They are the single-ply version, so they are only moderately heavy. :cool:

Right now I am running the Stan's No-Tubes, but I think I am going to the new maintenance-free Yes Tubes (www.yestubes.com).

Damned, on this computer my picture looks really bad. I can't even identify that the headset and hubs are red. I need to readjust my monitor.

Yes tubes are the only way to roll.
The picture quality is pretty good on my end, I can even see your red chainring bolts.
I also ran the Minions for a bit. Monster float and grip, but the weight was killing me.

Greg

·
Homer's problem child
1,320 Posts
Here is mine

Large, black 5.5. If it spins it is a Chris King product (hubs and headset), race face cranks & bb, XT pods, xt f der, xt r der, Mavic tubless rimes, Conti Vertical pro 2.3 UST, Thompson post, Azonic shorty 75mm, Azonic double wall, Fox Vanilla 125 RLC, Ringle ZUZU platforms, Headlock (star nuts suck). Built it myself from parts I ordered or had laying around.

Oh yeah, all the stickers are now gone. These are the worst stickers I have ever seen. I am a mechanical engineer specializing in composites, and to see carbon fiber stickers on an aluminum bike almost made me puke. Either have the balls to make a composite FS bike and make it right or leave the stupid stickers off. WORST STICKERS EVER! If you like them then you are just a cheesball too! :mad:

Attachments

·
No dear i got it cheaper
61 Posts
A black beauty from the UK

This is the UK calling. Got her build up yesterday finishing at 3am but it was worth it.She is wearing the latest fashion from Chris king hubs with matching headset, Sram X.0 X-9, Easton post & bars, Thomson stem, Pace RC40 forks, X729 rims, Hope M4 Mono's, DX pedals and just had to spoil her with a Intense saddle. At a guess i would say shes a bit heavily build at 29lbs but thats the way i like them. Right i'm off now to give her a right hard ride......cya on the trail. :) :)

GOD MADE MY RIG FOR A DEMON TO RIDE

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
question qbout your rims

2WheelFreak said:
My Intense 5.5 EVP
Nice, an Intense as to be red no questions about it
I ended up with the same bontrager rims on my SC blur, but I am having trouble finding what kind of rims they are, maybe you can tell me, I would like to know if they are tubeless compatible as some bontragers rims are

·
Registered
54 Posts
My Black 5.5

I didn't want to wait 3 weeks for a red one so I settled for a black. I picked it up last Wednesday night then left Friday for a weekend camping trip. What a blast. Got back home Sunday night and off the cheesy stickers went. Check it out.

1 - 20 of 569 Posts