Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After placing an order and waiting months sometimes patiently sometimes not! I've now been told that 5.5 FRO's are not available for quite awhile! Is this a UK issue or worldwide? How long is quite awhile? Someone must have an answer! Is there an issue with the 5.5 FRO? Is the machining still a problem? Nobody seems to know. Does Mr. Intense know? If someone could please let me know how long i'll have to wait or if there will ever be any i'd be grateful.:confused:

"Sometimes dreams fade away, but there will always be singletrack"

·
Registered
51 Posts
Maybe they are re-designing it to avoid the downtube-fork crown interference.... just a guess.
Hopefully it doesn't end up looking like the 5.5 29er with the crooked downtube, looks a bit odd from the pics.

·
Registered
38 Posts
We are still waiting for tubing from Easton - I will guess that we are at least as frustrated about this as you guy's waiting for your new rides are. Easton has developed a new alloy which offers increased performance in the welded areas (good thing) but the new alloy is flowing differently in the forming process (very not good, considering the number of forming operations required to create any of our tubes.) As a result, they are reworking their tooling to produce tubing that meets the specifications that we require. We are in contact with them daily regarding scheduling, and will be building and shipping frames as the tubesets arrive. Please hang in there – we really are doing our best, and we are on track to resolving our current supply issues in the very near future.

·
IFSDlxSS IFTiFLWMtb GFAdv
242 Posts
To: intense_eng or N10's Guy

Possibility of Late '04 Small EVP upgrade to a Medium '07 5.5 FRO? :D

I'm interested to find out if it would be possible for me to do some sort of swap or trade in with Intense. I currently have a late '04 size small red 5.5EVP that I purchased brand new in early '05. I would like to upgrade my frame to a size medium '07 5.5 FRO.

Is this possible? I'd like to keep the rear shock I am currently using and use it on the new frame. Could I send you over my present frame, which is still pretty immaculate and swap it for an '07 5.5 FRO less the shock? If so, how much would I need to add for the exchange?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
intense_eng said:
We are still waiting for tubing from Easton - I will guess that we are at least as frustrated about this as you guy's waiting for your new rides are. Easton has developed a new alloy which offers increased performance in the welded areas (good thing) but the new alloy is flowing differently in the forming process (very not good, considering the number of forming operations required to create any of our tubes.) As a result, they are reworking their tooling to produce tubing that meets the specifications that we require. We are in contact with them daily regarding scheduling, and will be building and shipping frames as the tubesets arrive. Please hang in there - we really are doing our best, and we are on track to resolving our current supply issues in the very near future.
Thanks for the update, Hopefully they'll ship soon as this puts some light at the end of the tunnel. Any possible indication on what month they may be released?:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.