Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took suspension apart tonightt to resolve some intense creaking. Anyway in putting the box link back on the bike there are two way to bolt it back on. Part isn't marked. Anyone have a description of the right orientation for the link? Picture would be great!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I did try the website but I can't find any tech stuff beyond the basic faq. I went back again this morning and tried again. It must be blind or it is not linked. A google search for the title of the pdf does not produce it. Interested in finding out what other tech articles might be available. The bike is the most troublesome thing to maintain. I battle bottom bracket creeks and linkage noise constantly. The ride is great fortunately.

·
Less yappin, more Brappin
789 Posts
The side of the box link with the set screws should be on the non-drive side, with the upper set screw facing up. You should be sliding in the pivot bolts from the non drive side. It should not fit any other way than that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Box link isn't symetrical so you have 2 ways to install it from the non-drive side. From the picture in the pdf file referenced above the side of the box link with the plate that fits closer to the main frame is the way to go.

Question answered. Thanks for the help......Montster

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Montster said:
Thanks! I did try the website but I can't find any tech stuff beyond the basic faq. I went back again this morning and tried again. It must be blind or it is not linked. A google search for the title of the pdf does not produce it. Interested in finding out what other tech articles might be available. The bike is the most troublesome thing to maintain. I battle bottom bracket creeks and linkage noise constantly. The ride is great fortunately.
Maybe I was a bit hard on you.:devil: :smilewinkgrin: Too early in the morning before my ride! The website is not great. To get to their technical PDFs click FAQs then on the right side is a link which is very small, called "tech news". It can't be linked or I'd do it for you.

Ronnie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.