Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wear 11.5 in almost everything. None of the stores sell them my area so I have no way of knowing if they have a size irregularity like Merrill which I wear a 12. Don't want to order wrong size thinking it's right.

·
Registered
985 Posts
They are pretty true to size but I recommend getting a half size bigger. When your feet get hot and are under pressure they swell up slightly and it is recommended that when you are doing activities such as running and mtn biking that you get a half size bigger so I'd go with a 12. If you are interested, I have a set of slightly used new Freeride 5 10's I'd be willing to sell at a fraction of what you'll pay brand new.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I planned on getting the Nathan Rennie shoe, so I don't know if they would be considered impacts or free-riders.

·
Registered
108 Posts
For me the impacts were a true fit to my Nike 6.0s. If you buy online you can always return though! I'd order the same size as your street shoes are if I were you.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have the 5.10 high impacts and they seem pretty true to size IMO..
I wear size 10 and bought size 10...they fit great...

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
My experience is that the Impact/Karver/Sam Hill run a little big, at least half a size, particularly if you have less bulky feet. if your feet are average to narrow, the volume of these models will be a little bigger than you might normally wear. I wear a 9 in almost any street shoe, skate shoe, snowboard boot, etc. I have a pair of size 9 Sam Hills that are a little roomy, so I bought a pair of Karvers in 8.5 and I honestly think I could even go down to an 8.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
oh the wonders of a search! hate to dig up a fairly old thread, but does anybody know how the freeriders size compared to DCs?

·
Registered
276 Posts
My feet are 10.5, pretty much exactly. I ordered a pair of Sam Hill's in a 10.5 yesterday off Zappos.com. Somebody screwed up, because instead of their free ground shipping, they gave me free next day air shipping. :D. I can say that they are a damn good 10.5, and fit perfectly.

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,980 Posts
I wear 11s in pretty much everything and that rang true with my Impacts. Given what everyone is saying though, essentially 5/10s run big, small, and true. Don't you love internet forums?

·
Registered
810 Posts
NMPhi767 said:
Given what everyone is saying though, essentially 5/10s run big, small, and true. Don't you love internet forums?
Now that is most awesome and truthful thing I have read/heard of on MTBR :thumbsup: :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
NMPhi767 said:
I wear 11s in pretty much everything and that rang true with my Impacts. Given what everyone is saying though, essentially 5/10s run big, small, and true. Don't you love internet forums?
I would suspect a lot of these people having fit problem, have never actually had their fit measured before. I know I'm a 10.5, and the 10.5 Sam Hills fit perfectly.

When I used to skate and wear skate shoes, I would wear 11s and 12s. I suspect that a lot of these people are using those sizes, from the big, over stuffed skating and BMX shoes to measure their foot size.

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,980 Posts
Diggidy said:
I would suspect a lot of these people having fit problem, have never actually had their fit measured before. I know I'm a 10.5, and the 10.5 Sam Hills fit perfectly.

When I used to skate and wear skate shoes, I would wear 11s and 12s. I suspect that a lot of these people are using those sizes, from the big, over stuffed skating and BMX shoes to measure their foot size.
I hear that. So the OP should make sure to get sized properly for both length and width and call or email 5-10 to see what they would recommend.

My point is that there is not going to be a straight answer, pretty much on anything, on MTBR so you have to be more systematic about your research before you buy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts