Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting a pair of Five Ten Freerider shoes. How are the fit typically? Do Five Tens tend to run small? Or are they somewhat easy to fit?

Thanks,

Ming

·
Registered
285 Posts
I think 5.10s are close to actual size. Every shoe is differant so I recommend trying them on first. I just bought some Impact lows and they are sized the same as other street shoes I would buy.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is good to know. Iyave went out to look yet, but what are some popular places that sells 5 10s locally?

Thanks,

Ming

·
Registered
581 Posts
I bought mine online and chose my regular size, the shoes arrived and fit perfectly. No surprises here..(Impact mids).

·
Registered
74 Posts
I bought a pair of Freeriders online and ordered a half size smaller than the pair of Nike running shoes I normally wear (8.5 vs 9) and they fit well

·
Registered
940 Posts
For Vans I go a size larger for extra toe room & a little extra room at the edges esp on the 'new school' styles... I'll probably order 5.10's this summer & was thinking of going a half size larger. I like the new hightops; forget the model name. They're black, not the yellow which are called Line Kings?

·
Registered
692 Posts
The 5.10 low impacts were representative of my true size I regularly wear.

Just a word on the low impact model though (the 2nd 5.10 pair I've used) - the tongue is stitched fully on the instep side and left open on the outer side. As much as i love the grip and fit, this renders the shoe prone to collecting mega amounts of crud that assuredly works its way into the shoe cavity itself. Frequently I end up getting off the bike to remove small rocks and pebbles that accumulate in the shoes. It bothers some but not others though....

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have the impacts, so Im not sure if the Freeriders have the same fit profile, but I wear a 9.5 Vans shoe, and the 9.5 5.10s I got are ever slightly bigger than necessary. Theyve been fine to wear for 2+ years, but when I replace them Ill get 9's.

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
macming said:
I'm looking into getting a pair of Five Ten Freerider shoes. How are the fit typically? Do Five Tens tend to run small? Or are they somewhat easy to fit?

Thanks,

Ming
what shoe size are you?

·
Ninja Master Powers
516 Posts
I just pocked a pair of Impact lows. I wear 11 but got a half size smaller (10.5).

The fit after a couple rides is perfect. The guy at the store told me they would stretch a bit and they did. 11 would have ended up being too big.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
saturnine said:
what shoe size are you?
I typically wear a size 10 - 10.5, and my cycling shoes/ski boots are 44.5. I found a pair of Freeriders in size 10.5 on Ebay for $90 shipped to Canada, so it's looking good.

Thanks for everyone input!

Ming

·
Registered
378 Posts
Buy them from www.zappos.com . That way if they don't fit, you can send them back for free. Zappos is probably the best internet site I have ever dealt with. Superfast, cheap prices, great customer service, and free shipping both ways.

·
Registered
750 Posts
My freeriders kind of fit like my vans classic low top fit. Very comfortable. Impacts fit good too except the sole is a lot stiffer.

·
namagomi
2,884 Posts
macming said:
I typically wear a size 10 - 10.5, and my cycling shoes/ski boots are 44.5. I found a pair of Freeriders in size 10.5 on Ebay for $90 shipped to Canada, so it's looking good.

Thanks for everyone input!

Ming
FYI, MEC carries a few 5.10 products... low impacts i've seen.

·
Registered
181 Posts
+1 on zappos.com. I ordered mine from there, free shipping and return shipping if needed. I have found 5.10's run true to size.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts