Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had a lot of eggs and decided to skip ridding. Yet that didn't stop me running some time on my eliptical, getting dressed, take my super duper DSLR with me and went to SNT to see the 4X event.

It was pretty fun actually, I met there Tacubaya and 545cu4ch, and also some other friends. Pretty neat.

I tried shooting the race from several locations, finally got a good spot on the doubles section. After a bit, I walked down but then my camera ran out of memory space, so I erased the pictures I knew I didn't need, and shoot some more. Man, the DSLR makes a great difference from the point and shoot cameras I had! The speed is amazing, just kept the button pressed and ....clic..clic...clic.... That's why it was so easy to eat up all the pictures on the memory card! Anyway, it was pretty fun!

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
hahaah, you thought I wasn't going to post pictures... Warp forbid! Before he comes in and start screaming 'this post is worthless without pics', here they are:

Here are some pics of the 4X circuit:

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This was the only girl in the show! See her grin doing the doubles...

This guy's bike didn't have any suspension at all and only a rear brake, yet see his concentration...

This guy only needed to exchange his handlebar to have a roadie... but he's intermediate level and I think very, very good. He would improve a lot with a proper bike!

One word: Ouch!

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
Actually the kid on that funny bike is extreamly good and that bike is designed for that purpose...

Nice photos Roberto, THANKS!!!!

(time to photoshop some of them :p)

·
Registered
104 Posts
El amiwi con el número 32 es BMX'ro, por eso usa esa bici, aunque alguna vez lo ví librar un par de dobles seguidos en Glaxo con la Kona Colier de un amigo. :eek:

Así que esos Yakuza's son del foro... :)

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gambox said:
Nice pictures Roberto :) great resolution!!
did you take them at 10 mp?
Yep... the Alpha is a very nice camera. It's amazing how fast it can take pics compared to point and shoots. I wonder how a Nikon or Canon higher level DSLR are like.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Great captures, Roberto! Seems like you are putting the Alpha through its paces...

I understand how hard it is to shoot an event like that and you did an excellent job!

Sweet riding to tacubaya and 545cu4ch! :thumbsup:

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Okay, here's more...

A XC observes from the distance at all the preparations..

A top view at the turn before the doubles...

Some air shots...

Two riders doing practice runs...

Here is one of the expert runners...

Another friends Mauricio and Jorge, from 'Bici y Montaña'..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.