Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is 4x racing at Chalk Creek in Nathrop for the next three weekends after this one (April 30, May 7, and May 14). I am in desparate need for some practice as I will be competing in these events, but have not been on a BMX track (or something like it) since I was about 12 (I'm 31 now).

I am planning on hitting the Sky High BMX track in Arvada tonight and a few weeknights next week. Anyone who would want to join and who may have a pointer or two to share would be awesome.

I need to get my arse in gear so's I don't get it handed to me (like usually happens whenever I ride with s1ngletrack - I can't stand that guy ;)).

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
.thumper. said:
s1ngletrack - I can't stand that guy ;)
Me either ;)

You'll have to let me know if you decide to hit the track off of 470 and University (Highline?) sometime. I've been wanting to go get some practice in (not for 4X though - I've already broken enough bones, thanks :D ) for several months now.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
s1ngletrack said:
Me either ;)

You'll have to let me know if you decide to hit the track off of 470 and University (Highline?) sometime. I've been wanting to go get some practice in (not for 4X though - I've already broken enough bones, thanks :D ) for several months now.
Actually, I was just mentioning that one because I know about it. I'd like to hit any of them. I need the practice. When do you wanna go?

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
I think the 4x race at Chalk Creek is on Sunday the 8th since XC is on the Saturday.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
COmtbiker12 said:
I think the 4x race at Chalk Creek is on Sunday the 8th since XC is on the Saturday.
Yeah - I think maybe so. Their website states that the XC is on Saturday, but doesn't say when the 4x is. I guess it must be on Sunday the 8th then.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
.thumper. said:
Yeah - I think maybe so. Their website states that the XC is on Saturday, but doesn't say when the 4x is. I guess it must be on Sunday the 8th then.
I hope it's on Sunday because the Road34 Superfly Invitational is on Saturday the 7th. :D That should be fun. :)

·
Stand back
4,213 Posts
when?

.thumper. said:
There is 4x racing at Chalk Creek in Nathrop for the next three weekends after this one (April 30, May 7, and May 14). I am in desparate need for some practice as I will be competing in these events, but have not been on a BMX track (or something like it) since I was about 12 (I'm 31 now).

I am planning on hitting the Sky High BMX track in Arvada tonight and a few weeknights next week. Anyone who would want to join and who may have a pointer or two to share would be awesome.
I've been riding the Arvada bmx track a couple times a week, it's awful windy today, tho...
Let me know when you're thinking of heading up there and I'll join ya (when it's a bit calmer :) )
I've never raced bmx, so I'm trying to learn the speed jumping thing.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dbabuser said:
I've been riding the Arvada bmx track a couple times a week, it's awful windy today, tho...
Let me know when you're thinking of heading up there and I'll join ya (when it's a bit calmer :) )
I've never raced bmx, so I'm trying to learn the speed jumping thing.
I went down there today to check it out but decided against it because it was so windy. I'm thinking about trying again tomorrow afternoon. Let me know if you want to join.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dwj said:
dacono bmx has gate practice on tuesday nights if you want to get some snaps in, but if your just starting out it might be best to worry about one thing at a time. http://frontrangebmx.com/dacono/track.html

it is also one of the best tracks around, but it can be windy. watch out for the bmxers and old guys on cruisers they are fast as sh!t.
I think I might give that a try next Tuesday, Doug, thanks for the 411. Are you going to be there? Is this the timed gate drop thing or random time drop - and which does the Nathrop course use?

I've got a lot of catchin' up to do, so I'm going to try to get as much practice in this next week as possible.

·
Stand back
4,213 Posts
what time?

I might be up for tomorrow - what time?
sposed to go trail riding w/ todd tomorrow, too. But luckily i finished up phase 2b of landscaping, so I get to take tomorrow off. sk8pk in the am, bmx track in the aftanoon, trails in the evening.. :D

·
Are your pants fresh?
135 Posts
Nathrop

The Nathrop course uses the NBL timed gate. (beep beep beeeeeep) No random gate there, ever. (Keith's words).
The new Nathrop course is more technical than the old one, and has some pretty good sized jumps in it.

FP

·
Registered
312 Posts
.thumper. said:
I think I might give that a try next Tuesday, Doug, thanks for the 411. Are you going to be there? Is this the timed gate drop thing or random time drop - and which does the Nathrop course use?

I've got a lot of catchin' up to do, so I'm going to try to get as much practice in this next week as possible.
no i won't be there. both nathrop and dacono use a "timed" gate, but the timing is a little different. when the recording says "watch the gate", at dacono the gate drops on "gate", at nathrop there is about a three second delay after "gate". but it is the same every time.

good luck!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dbabuser said:
sposed to go trail riding w/ todd tomorrow, too. But luckily i finished up phase 2b of landscaping, so I get to take tomorrow off. sk8pk in the am, bmx track in the aftanoon, trails in the evening.. :D
Sounds like an awesome day for you! I wish I could be doing the same. Now I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to be able to do today. I've got to go to the Crush game tonight, so I guess I won't know if I'll be able to hit the BMX track today until I know what time I can get out of here.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dbabuser said:
It looks like I'll probably be able to be there around 3:30 or 4:00, but I'm gonna have to leave around 5:00 to get home in time for the Crush game.

·
Stand back
4,213 Posts
maybe I'll nap..

.thumper. said:
It looks like I'll probably be able to be there around 3:30 or 4:00, but I'm gonna have to leave around 5:00 to get home in time for the Crush game.
I was gonna head up there earlier, but I'll relax for a bit, see ya 'round 3:30.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.