Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Cannondale17
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just sold my 2 hardtails and have 1200 bucks to work wit, i was gonna buy my friends hower but that fell through.... so i need to decide on a new small travel bike. I am 6'3" and will be using it for mostly dj but some xc or all mountain when i dont feel like pedling the judge.... so basically if it dj well is the main factor ive been lookin at another howler (but they are near impossible to find), a cove hooker (although not sure if the 13.5 frame would be to short) or any other simular bike

Also alot of the jumps i will be doin are bmx type style so short chainstays are must as short as the howler defintly..... so any suggestions? also ive rode a blur 4x but i wasnt the biggest fan... maybe because it was a large though....

·
Cannondale17
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya most i did have a p2 hardtail for it but i just dont like the feel of hard tails for some reason.... and im not the smoothest rider so ya i like full.... isnt that double more than 1200 though?

·
Cannondale17
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dang... ugh ya im on a tight 1200 budget... my judge ate all my money im looking to go used so just trying to get some opinions on some different bikes.....

·
Cannondale17
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmm i was lookin at the IH hollow points but have never seen or ridden one.... how are they? compared to say the howler if possible and does anybody know anything on the Cove Hooker?

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
funny you call it a brodie "nemesis" after they changed the name to dissident or something... had an altercation with a regular poster round these parts apparantly, and, surprisingly, it actually got changed.

But hey, I've got a Turner Rail med. available if anyone is interested. just pm me. about the lowest standover you're gonna find on the market, and short chainstays is part of the recipe as well.

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
god thats a sweet yeti :eekster:

but, you really should have kept your P.2. it will be very hard to find a 4X jumping bike for $1200.00 unless you want just a frame. maybe look for an older norco 4x? I do a ton of riding on my P.2, I know a lot of friends that do them on P.3's and cowans.

·
Cannondale17
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok i will when i get it... need to work out the last couple details of the trade:) but ive been havin trouble postin the pics i tried postin some of my judge wit the new codes and some riding pics but it wouldnt let me.... do they have to be cropped down or made smaller when inserting them?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.