Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
sounds good

I am training for Leadville and am planning to do a 60-80 mile ride this weekend - would be a lot more fun to hook up with folks for part or all of the mileage rather than slog solo... Any interest in going friday morning to take advantage of the holiday and light traffic in the hills? Would love to do Pine mtn as part of the route..

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Friday is out for me, spending it all day conditioning my body with meat and booze.

I am around Saturday for a ride. Thinking either Skeggs or Marin.

·
Registered
109 Posts
baycat said:
With a three day weekend coming up. What are your riding plans?

Anyone up for 30+ miles 6k feet of climbing in Fairfax :D
Noobish question here. But what's out in Fairfax other than Tamarancho? Good dirt trails? Singletrack?

·
Registered
23 Posts
marin trails

I'm kind of new to the area but halfway out Tamarancho there is a great hill climb called White's hill. Take that up to Pine mtn area and there is tons of stuff to keep you busy. You can come down repack, go back up Cascade Canyon to get back to tamarancho and finish the loop.

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am planning on rolling from Fairfax (still seeing if I can get an early AM pass). Riding from SF is out of the cards, that put a hurting on me.

Route thinking is Tamarancho + a new route

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Big Boulder & I (and possibly imjps) were thinking about riding Salmon Falls Friday early, if anyone's interested.

I gots to be in town on Sat for fambly stuff.

fp

·
Registered
84 Posts
CA_billygoat said:
I am training for Leadville and am planning to do a 60-80 mile ride this weekend - would be a lot more fun to hook up with folks for part or all of the mileage rather than slog solo... Any interest in going friday morning to take advantage of the holiday and light traffic in the hills? Would love to do Pine mtn as part of the route..
I was thinking Pine Mtn Friday morning too. PM me if you want to ride together. Do you have a route in mind?

·
~~~~~~~
1,293 Posts
i'd really like to do a big cross or mountain ride from my house. thinking skeggs, purissima, half moon bay, up $%&, back toward purissima on skyline, back through skeggs. 4-5 hours on saturday. like to get out kinda early.

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ty it is in Fairfax. Pretty much same area as Tamarancho. Many times we do a loop or two at Tamarancho and then venture off into Pine Mountain land.

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,695 Posts
baycat said:
I am planning on rolling from Fairfax (still seeing if I can get an early AM pass). Riding from SF is out of the cards, that put a hurting on me.

Route thinking is Tamarancho + a new route
Might join you at the start. Unlikely I'll have time (or energy) for the whole route.

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what time will your wife and child allow you to ride? :D

Thinking 9 am. This route is not as ambitious as last time, different route to maximize fun and no straight up climbs.

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
I'll most likely be riding in Marin Sat morning. I'd be in to riding with a couple others, but sounds like this one will turn out to be a pretty big group. Ryan, let me know what time you're hitting Iron Springs (12:01?) :thumbsup:

-slide

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.