Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

401 - 420 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks again! :) I took a new measure today, and the widest point is at 33cm, wich means even more space, so I guess it will work :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
AWESOME BIKE! Fast! Nimble!
Small frame
RS Revelation @130mm travel
KS dropper post
Renthal 50mm stem
Shimano XT 1x11 speed drivetrain
Stans EX Arch
WTB Vigilante(2.3 F) Trailboss (2.25R)

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
is the rear hanger / dropout part of the frame? in case of braking it can it be repaired?

Yes it's part of the frame, not a separate hanger. It's a steel frame so the mech is likely to break before it does. If it was damaged you could look into welding it, but the frames are so cheap to replace anyway

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Steel is far less brittle than say aluminum, so when you snag the dérailleur, the hanger bends. You can usually bend it back, but the alignment has to be perfect. If you can't swing it then find a local frame builder to help you.

·
Registered
514 Posts
They are under the clear... you have to first remove the clear to get at the stickers. I was doing mine- lots of sanding.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Anybody running 1x11 have issues backpedaling in the largest cog? I want to know if the chainstays are too short.
There is no reason to think a "short" chainstay would cause that, the differences in lengths of CS among bikes is fairly minimal, even between wheelsizes. The issue of the chain skipping down the cog is fairly common, and has a lot more to do with chainline. Bring your cranks inboard if possible. Otherwise, just don't backpedal while in the lowest gear...

401 - 420 of 425 Posts