Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

381 - 400 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Niagara had them as cheap as I've seen them.
THANKS!!!!!!
so i had to do a little bit of finagling...
Niagara has them right now for $34.79 but the shipping is a little high....so i had Jenson USA price match them and they shipped them free!!!!!!
not too bad, a pair of new tires for less than $70! oh, i also jumped on a PB deal and bought a pair of Kenda Nevegal tires for $35 with shipping! almost brand new tires too! 5 rides (claimed).
i should be good on tires now! i'll throw those Mavic's in a closet!

thanks again!

·
Registered
23 Posts
To: thewrench
man, i have to thank you! i've had the neo-moto's on for quite a few rides now, and i love them! nothing but grip and stability! i can't believe how much faster those tires are. i really didn't think i would have that much more overall speed than the mavic tires. they are much lighter and simply have more grip. i have them set up tubeless with Stans (previous tire sealant really didn't work as well with these).
the back tire now doesn't loose traction, even though i ride so much forward. it's nice to have the front end dropped just a touch, going from a 2.4" to 2.3".
i like these tires so much, i now need to get rid of the Kenda's i picked up for super cheap. i thought i was going to swap them out at some point....but not now!
thanks again for pointing me in that direction!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've read almost this entire tread and found some good tips, and today I finally purchased my own. Short clips from my ride in the forests just north of Helsinki;

·
Registered
23 Posts
i might have just de-valued my frame.....or......maybe not....
the cable guides on this drove me nuts! i don't know why, i simply didn't like them. soooooo..... i had a qualified person remove them. now all i have are 3 on the top tube (which are shaved too) and then the rear triangle. so now, this frame is only a 1X. the brake and shifter cable are tied together with tie string (aviation wax tie string) and ran together. i did notice that i now have no cable rubs up front, so it did take that little issue away. i did plan on taking this to a local shop and for a whopping $80, they will sand blast and powder coat it. i haven't decided on a color yet. i would like to keep the "On-One" logo, but to do that, i have to order the 1 frame sticker package. it's their titanium down tube sticker for their pickenflick. the issue with that, i planned on flat black. well, those won't work well together! i also have those bright Mavic Crossmax enduro yellow wheels. so i may have them take it down to on-one v2.0 g.jpg bare metal and clear coat.
now i may ditch the whole bike and go with FS....i really don't know....i could keep the frame and still send it to the powder coater....who knows... on-one cable guide a.jpg on-one cable guide b.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
most current build.
a few changes.
Neo-Moto 27.5" 2.3" F/R
Thomson Elite Set Back 367mm post
Real World Cycling Angular BB bearings
replaced tire sealant with Stans (2oz per tire)
switched out Finned brake pads for standard. no, not for weight, i've had brake issues with this since day 1. it finally took having the brakes professionally done, rotors soaked in Simple Green then scrubbed, and brand new out of the package shimano pads.
bike weighs sub 28lbs with those 1lb saints! the Neo-Moto's dropped a couple hundred grams from the stock Mavics and the Stans was a lot lighter than the other sealant i used.
on-one v2.0 d.jpg on-one v2.0 e.jpg on-one v2.0 f.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
well, being an adult, married, with a kid has changed my plans....no FS for the near future! bills and birthdays come first! lol.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hope for an carbon or alu version MY 2016. Long overdue. Yes the 456C fits 650B, but it raises the already high BB of the 456C with longer forks even more.

Steel is nice and all, but you don't have to be a weight weenie to appreciate a two pound weight saving.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
As I've gotten older, I care less and less about weight and more about having parts that work well and last, and for frames at least, that have a good ride quality. I'd rather lug around a steel frame for days than spend time in the saddle getting beaten up on an ALU or carbon frame. Just my $0.02.
When I strike it rich I'll go full custom TI, but I'm not holding my breath!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi! I'm thinking of buying a 45650b frame and putting a dirt wizard on. With 38 or 40mm rims. The tire will be about 72mm wide. I saw a picture of one frame with these tires but with narrower rims. Can anyone confirm a fit of the dirt wizards or please measure the frame at the chainstays AND seatstays. Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
About 80mm width at top of stays and about 72mm bottom approx about 80mm a bit futher back. Obviously depends where you measure it. Sorry as I don't have a wheel and tyre fitted to see exactly where the tyre normally ends. I think the bottom stay may be tight if not too narrow.

381 - 400 of 425 Posts