Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 425 Posts

·
Big Paws on a Puppy!!
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there have been any updates or if anyone knows when the frames discussed in this blog post might be available for sale: Brant Blog

Thanks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I asked the other day and was told that the frames will be available in early December. What I am really wondering is what rear dropouts will be offered.

I think the geo and build specs will be similar to the current evo 2 except we'll be looking at a 44mm headtube.

Hopefully someone can come in here and let us know something...I want to buy a 650b wheelset but need to know what rear axle to get.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm looking into this one in or the Genesis High Latitude LT, both in Ti. Indeed dropouts would be nice to know.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
I think the geo and build specs will be similar to the current evo 2 except we'll be looking at a 44mm headtube.
Thanks for the timing info!

That's my guess on the geometry as well but it still leaves room to wonder what will change to accommodate the larger wheels. Chainstays on the 26" Evo2 are as long as many of the latest 29er AM hardtails so I'm hoping Brant hasn't extended them from the Evo2

·
Registered
456 Posts
Thanks for the timing info!

That's my guess on the geometry as well but it still leaves room to wonder what will change to accommodate the larger wheels. Chainstays on the 26" Evo2 are as long as many of the latest 29er AM hardtails so I'm hoping Brant hasn't extended them from the Evo2
Not sure where I read it but I think the chainstays are 430mm. So that would mean almost zero chainstay growth for the larger models.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Not sure where I read it but I think the chainstays are 430mm. So that would mean almost zero chainstay growth for the larger models.
Hopefully Brant can come in here and clear this up. Removable/replaceable droupouts would be perfect...

·
Registered
105 Posts
In addition...pretty please On-One offer this one in either RAW with blue accents like the current EVO2 or Candy Blue!

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
I got an email today from the Planet X USA rep who said the 45650B frames would not be available until mid February and that date was still subject to change.......

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
I got an email today from the Planet X USA rep who said the 45650B frames would not be available until mid February and that date was still subject to change.......
I just got a reply from another US rep who says the frames are arriving in the UK in the next few days. I wonder which one is correct??

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
I just got a reply from another US rep who says the frames are arriving in the UK in the next few days. I wonder which one is correct??
Both could be correct if the full first run of frames is going to their main UK warehouse and the US warehouse isn't getting any until a planned second run. That's my guess at least

·
Registered
105 Posts
Answer from On-One uk:

"Frames are starting to arrive - but in limited sizes and colour options until the full batch lands in early January. We'll be relelasing a build and a preorder very shortly (before Christmas)."

I'm not sure what the status is on the US frames but it seems that UK frames are coming soon!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Answer from On-One uk:

"Frames are starting to arrive - but in limited sizes and colour options until the full batch lands in early January. We'll be relelasing a build and a preorder very shortly (before Christmas)."

I'm not sure what the status is on the US frames but it seems that UK frames are coming soon!
It's already available in UK but in limited sizes... On-One 45650B Frame

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
I put in an order for a 16" 45650B yesterday. I ordered it through Brandon @ Planet X USA. He thinks that the frame will arrive within 2 weeks. If I understood correctly, they only had a handful of frames on the way to the US, with more arriving at the end of January. I have a Fox 34 27.5 CTD 120-150 TALAS fork ready, and am shopping for a new wheelset now. I'm still debating whether to try and do a cheap 1x10 build or just stick with 2x10. I hope to pick up the rest of the parts via various Xmas sales and build this bike up soon. :cool:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sounds good! Similar to what I am planning. Already got all the bits for a RAW 45650b. Unfortunately those frames wont be available until the end of January.

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
My frame arrived in PDX today. I should have it by Friday.:thumbsup:

I put in an order for a 16" 45650B yesterday. I ordered it through Brandon @ Planet X USA. He thinks that the frame will arrive within 2 weeks. If I understood correctly, they only had a handful of frames on the way to the US, with more arriving at the end of January. I have a Fox 34 27.5 CTD 120-150 TALAS fork ready, and am shopping for a new wheelset now. I'm still debating whether to try and do a cheap 1x10 build or just stick with 2x10. I hope to pick up the rest of the parts via various Xmas sales and build this bike up soon. :cool:

1 - 20 of 425 Posts