Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! any news about the frame? I'm really loking forward to it, but come on, I'm sure there is a lot of lurkers like me that really need to know more about the new geo, in wich state of development it is and some estimated dates when it will be available. Just to create some hype and keep the excitement high until we can ride it you know? thank you very much :D

» Just in - 456.1 matt raw (aka 456 Evo) Shed Fire : Designing for On-One, Titus and Planet X from Calderdale.
» 456 EVO YS-714 Shed Fire : Designing for On-One, Titus and Planet X from Calderdale.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anyone know if they upgraded the seatpost to a more contemporary diameter. And when will we see these things?

·
Registered
29 Posts
bummer. That was the deciding factor between the 456 and a blue pig (which CRC is painfully slow in getting)

·
Registered
11 Posts
what would be recommended frame size for a person with:
slightly above 6"; inside leg 34 1/4"; apelike long arms.

Fork will be a 120 mm for the time being. Intended usage are trails and relaxed all mountain tours; no freeride, jumping, etc.

Looks a bit I'm somehow between 18 and 20". Regarding the frame length I'd prefer the 20" size, but I'm wondering if the stand-over height might then be a bit too much for my size.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
hey brant im 6'2" what size would you say would suit me mate? prob going to get the bundle with the rockshox rev,cheers
If you want to ride with saddle at xc height then you probably need to go to 20in. The seat tube is 18in or 20in centre to top (top of seat tube, not top tube) so easy to check on your current bike.

That package now discontinued as we cleared the pedals out yesterday. But we will revise it down without them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
another question mate,on the spec for the frame it say's the headset is 1.125 ec34,but the bundle say's the headset is a 1.1/8? i haven't been riding much in the past 10yrs so all the headset stuff is a bit confusing,or am i just stoopid?
p.s while i'm here might as well confirm BB is 73mm right?
p.p.s would a marzocchi 66VF2 be o.k with said frame?
cheers

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
another question mate,on the spec for the frame it say's the headset is 1.125 ec34,but the bundle say's the headset is a 1.1/8? i haven't been riding much in the past 10yrs so all the headset stuff is a bit confusing,or am i just stoopid?
p.s while i'm here might as well confirm BB is 73mm right?
p.p.s would a marzocchi 66VF2 be o.k with said frame?
cheers
EC34 = 1.125in standard.
73mm BB
ISCG05
66VF2? She's long. 170mm? We only test up to 160mm, but I'm sure it's fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
hey brant since you are the man to go to,i have another question.as stated i'm 6'2" going to get the 456 evo 20" frame,will be running an old rockshox seat post,90mm thomson stem.what's your advise as to the right crank length for me?cheers

1 - 20 of 341 Posts