Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

221 - 231 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
I agree with the above, straight headtube is what made me sell mine a ways back. 45650b can be run with 26" with big tires and longer fork though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not sure if they sold a lot of them but if they did maybe they should have considered refreshing it and keep the 26" model. Cotic is still selling the 26er BFE ...but so much more money...compared to the EVO.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm running my fork at 150 currently, but rebuilding it this winter and debating between setting it at 140 or 130. I'm sure 140 would be good and get me a slightly steeper HA, but for all the XC trails around me I wouldn't mind the steepening it by going to 130. I'm just worried the bottom bracket will be too low. Anyone have any experience running 140 or 130?

·
mbtr member
6,494 Posts
I'm running my fork at 150 currently, but rebuilding it this winter and debating between setting it at 140 or 130. I'm sure 140 would be good and get me a slightly steeper HA, but for all the XC trails around me I wouldn't mind the steepening it by going to 130. I'm just worried the bottom bracket will be too low. Anyone have any experience running 140 or 130?
BB is very high on the 456. Anything above 300mm and you won't notice bb height on a hardtail.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So i am currently looking one on-one 456 evo 2 bike that has 18 size frame, but i am not exactly sure if its correct size for me. My hands are 27.5inches long (70cm) and my legs are 31.5inches long (80cm) and my overall length is 5.8feet (177cm). I know you can change how it sits with shorter stem but i would prefer that the frame is correct size and then change the stem to either way to make the bike perfect. I havent really ridden a bike in 5years and because my back is really bad i would like it upwards and not leaning on the handlebars that much.

·
Registered
11,036 Posts
I would say the 18 is about the right size for you but that would be a 'normal' riding position. If you want to be sitting up more it's probably too long. The frame is designed to take a long fork though and feels fine with a very short stem.

221 - 231 of 231 Posts