Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have no idea really where to start. I'm 45 years old and 340 lbs. Would like to start biking for exersice. I live in a rural area, but would probably be mostly riding on pavement. I would like to start with spending under $400. if that is possible and work my way up. Not even sure if there is a bike that would hold my weight.
I have checked places like ebay but I don't think I would like to start that way.
Is there a type of bike that is in between a road and mountain bike. If you can be specific...very specific.
I have had some medical issues that have caused me to gain some weight, but nothing that would prevent me now from riding a bike. I'll start out slow...but I just want to start. Thank you so much in advance....Kevin

email
[email protected]

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Welcome to MTBR it is a great place for information & fun. :thumbsup:

You should check out the Clydsdale forum ther will be much more information there to assist you with your search. Dont buy anything untill you know what you are paying for, doing your recearch now is a very wise choice. :cornut:

http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
What he said...

I believe that if you get yourself on a good ride, you'll discove the inner kid and start to really enjoy the riding. Weight will go down at what ever rate, but down's better than up; medical issues may improve with repeated excercise. Nothing to lose but weight and nothing to gain but better health. And BTW, I didn't start till 43, now I'm 59 and still love to ride.

The Clyde forum will be your best resource.

Good luck, keep us posted. Jim

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.