Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished building up my SS Moots project and am thrilled with the results. Pics will be coming soon. My question is, does anyone know the diameter of an ENO 44T chainring? In my brief rides on the new set-up I have found that 38:16 might be a bit short for me, and was thinking along the lines of 44:16 or 44:18. My BIG issue is that I have very little clearance between the chainring and the chainstay with the 38T. The diameter of the 38T is 16cm (or 6 1/4 ") and need to know if the 44T will even fit before ordering it? Please any help / suggestions would be great. I cannot go lower than 16T in the back (threads are different than my ENO hub if lower than 16T) and I suppose I could get a wider BB (say 118 instead of 113), but that might compromise my chainline and I just got a new 113mm BB. I can live with the 38:16 but might be spinning a bit too much. Thanks for your input!

Buzz
MCM#45

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Buzz said:
I just finished building up my SS Moots project and am thrilled with the results. Pics will be coming soon. My question is, does anyone know the diameter of an ENO 44T chainring? In my brief rides on the new set-up I have found that 38:16 might be a bit short for me, and was thinking along the lines of 44:16 or 44:18. My BIG issue is that I have very little clearance between the chainring and the chainstay with the 38T. The diameter of the 38T is 16cm (or 6 1/4 ") and need to know if the 44T will even fit before ordering it? Please any help / suggestions would be great. I cannot go lower than 16T in the back (threads are different than my ENO hub if lower than 16T) and I suppose I could get a wider BB (say 118 instead of 113), but that might compromise my chainline and I just got a new 113mm BB. I can live with the 38:16 but might be spinning a bit too much. Thanks for your input!

Buzz
MCM#45
6 more teeth = 3 more inches of circumference
The diameter increase is then 3/PI = 0.955"
Add a fraction for the diameter measured at peak of tooth, blah blah
round it up to 1 inch
Diameter = 7 1/4"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.