Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is a follow to my post about my voodoo conversion.

ive done some math and the factory 26 fork is 470mm tall 100mm travel

factoring in an extra 35mm or so for the 29 front wheel i should need a fork around 430 mils or more, such as my brothers origin 8.

im just looking for cheaper option so i can tig weld on v brake mounts grind off any disc mount and send it to my buddy for a powder coat.

the frame has no disc mount i dont want one on the fork sorry call me anal but i have a tig welder so y not its the fun part to me this is a long term project, completion for next year

·
Registered
449 Posts
cool, as long as you can weld, cutting the bosses off a 26" fork and moving them up a bit should present no significant problem! i did the same a couple times on the rear of an old 1x1 i had when i put 29's fr/rr on it and back to 26 again and didn't want to go discs....

when deciding how tall a fork to get so your bike rides about the same as it did before, don't forget to factor in the amount of sag you had on your other bike as that what effectively determines the ever-variable head angle on a front-suspender....those orogin 8/dimension forks are good enough too.

the main thing is whichever fork you get, you want it to be just tall enough that whatever tire you're running won't hit the crown of the fork and then cause you to have to either get different fork or tire.....

if your bro has a rigid fork and you already have the wheel/tire you intend to use, put it in and see how it rides!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.