Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Krob has been in town for a few days. Yesterday we took him to Paradise Canyon. Short ride, but very scenic. The Knolly seemed to be treating him well except on the bigger drops. Serious bottoming! :eekster:

Attachments

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
LOL. You had to post the one of me humping my bike didn't ya?

Good times. Thanks for showing me around guys! ......And why does Allen look so much better in the air than me? I gotta learn to look more relaxed.... even if that was my new personal record for a drop (6' +)...... which btw didn't stand for long. I shattered it the next day at the Cowboy Trails kinda by accident.:eekster:

Oh, and here's proof that I did clean that climb...... eventually.:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Like I stated above, K likes his suspension squishy. It's just a personal preference. He is running a DHX air on the rear, which isn't the best platform for hucking.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Playdeep said:
Any ideas as to why the bike was bottoming so much ? The times I have ridden the DT and doing questionable landings, I didnt have issues. Just curious.
Yeah, like El C said, it's just a a consequence of my suspension set up preferences. I only go about a buck sixty so I run all the settings very light so it's super plush on the smaller stuff.

Though I haven't experimented much with it, I'm sure if I took the time to pump up the bottom out chamber on the shock a bit more and crank up the compression damping on the fork before doing those 4-6' drops (or if I had even a small amount of smoothness in my style:rolleyes: ) it wouldn't clank has hard.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
KRob said:
blah, blah....before doing those 4-6' drops (or if I had even a small amount of smoothness in my style:rolleyes: ) it wouldn't clank has hard.
Nope, you need a better shock! Demo a ccdb or an avy and see for yourself.

Edit: El C I am waiting for a pic from the new drop and hip...? What up? Got a chance to ride with Dan, the 'other' evil twin today. He's lookin' forward to hitting the new stuff.

·
Chris Bling
2,594 Posts
Playdeep said:
Any ideas as to why the bike was bottoming so much ? The times I have ridden the DT and doing questionable landings, I didnt have issues. Just curious.
it was his fork that was bottoming out and making a sweet clank off the big stuff:eekster:

sure was fun to be back on the bike again, thanks again el c and wasea

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
Nope, you need a better shock! Demo a ccdb or an avy and see for yourself.
True.... a coil is in the works, but you don't need a avy or a ccdb to keep from bottoming a 4-6 ft drop. Proper set up for that kind of stuff would solve the problem even with the DHX-Air..... probably at the expense of small/medium bump compliance which, most of the time, I'm not willing to give up.

Mtn. Biker123 said:
Edit: El C I am waiting for a pic from the new drop and hip...? What up?
The launch ramp and landing ramp on the BJ was still too wet/sloppy to try when I was there but the Hip was good to go. Here's a picture of El C representing. My full report is here.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
KRob said:
True.... a coil is in the works, but you don't need a avy or a ccdb to keep from bottoming a 4-6 ft drop. Proper set up for that kind of stuff would solve the problem too..... probably at the expense of small/medium bump compliance which, most of the time, I'm not willing to give up.
That's the beauty of an Avalanche- you don't have to give up either. :)

My Chubbie easily has the best small bump compliance and most bottomless feel on bigger stuff of any shock I've tried.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.